Reviews for Velvet Nighttime
Weeba chapter 1 . 6/9/2005
A very interesting concept for a poem...you don't see this kind of simple yet meaningful "what if" too often. Mostly people throw their morals at you with as much force as they possibly can. No one understands subtlety anymore. Lovely job with this.

Thanks for reviewing my work! I was looking for reviews on all the pieces you reviewed, and it meant a lot to get your input. I've had another person comment on "Summer"'s flow; I'll look into it. About the length of "Tangled and Torn", I sort of looked over it a couple of times because I wondered if it was too long, but I decided I couldn't part with anything. I think long poems can be a good thing, as long as they don't get redundant.

Thanks so much!

Weeba
Charlotte Observer Yasmine chapter 1 . 6/5/2005
Laura your words make me ever so glad to know you, I know one day you will have these published and I will by copies and put them in hotelr ooms across the world... and people will be caught reading your work instead of the bible, woops I would feel bad... but seriously... I only dream of having such beautiful thoughts and words.
BlueRose218 chapter 1 . 6/5/2005
Beautiful, and deep. You really captured the emotions wonderfully.
Sarah-Brighteyes chapter 1 . 6/5/2005
Actually i adored this piece. Lovely build as you went from one what if...to the next. I enjoyed the emotions that rose in myself as I read it, sort of an impowering piece. Very nice...I think the ending fit as well. bravo to you.
citrus scented chapter 1 . 6/2/2005
this is just wonderful.. the sheer intensity of heartfelt thought provoking emotions in it is overwelmingly touching! I love some of the descriptins, very unique and they capture the emotions so well. great stuff.