Reviews for Take The Ten Eighteen To Kansas
sketchingaCYNiC chapter 1 . 12/9/2008
this didn't suck. i haven't read all your work but i do like what i've read (i think i read exsquisite lies and then chasing musso years ago). this was really good, i honestly felt the angst wasn't overdone at all even tho the whole story was about angst. it was simply amazing, down to earth, awesome. definitely gonna check out "the best kind of crying." i'm really sorry this kind of thing had to happen to you, i hope you're loads better with a guy who deserves you though.
CD chapter 1 . 4/10/2008
Loved it. Beautiful how courageous she at the end
That Girl You Love chapter 1 . 9/21/2007
i love you.

i hope everything went okay, pet.

you rock at life.
Alyssa's Attic chapter 1 . 12/4/2006
I liked this, especially the ending - quite unexpected but great all the same - Alyssa :)
jp chapter 1 . 9/30/2006
heads up. great story.. just wanted to also tell you that it's all underlined. thought you'd want to know. cheers
blinkandyoullmissit chapter 1 . 12/16/2005
hi... just came upon this. i love it, especially the way it ended. (:
hollyg20 chapter 1 . 8/4/2005
Not sure what you're talking about...this doesn't suck at all! I'm so glad you decided to repost this because if you hadn't, then I never would've gotten to read it :( You're a lovely writer...I look forward to getting to read more of your work soon!
stroke in a can chapter 1 . 7/24/2005
i'm from kansas so i couldn't resist reading this. and i must say, it's utterly depressing. i don't know what you're talking about, it doesn't suck at all. i'll probably get around to reading your longer one some day here.
sempre-e-por-sempre chapter 1 . 6/11/2005
...ellie...reviewing this once again...just because i love it...and i love how you carry the Repunzal thing through...just when the reader starts to forget it...and i love it...
engine heart chapter 1 . 6/10/2005
I love the comparison between Kansas and the platonic friendship, and the words "a friendly, flat silence stretching into forever." Also, I don't think your one shots suck at all. I liked this one a lot.
Nestalgica chapter 1 . 6/9/2005
XD i HAD to read this... it said Kansas on it... whoo! (i was born there - live in Oregon now.)

It...was...awesome... great job. She shoulda slapped him, but this was more DRAMATIC! *flings hand in the air, and head back*

Wow, i feel like a goober now XDD

Amazingly, i AM a guy... and, yes, i agree with you when you say there are many more girls on this site than guys... i have gotten many people hooked on this site, and have get to get a guy to write poetry and post it, where anyone can read it

Meh, back to praising your story () Again, awesomly-awesome... great job _

Max W.

*checks off Fav. Author box*
scissor sex chapter 1 . 6/5/2005
i love love love love love loved it.

first, i liked the kansas analogy.

second, though i've never been in the girl's position i can understad her. i know what it feels like when your affections are unreturned...

third, i hate ashlee simpson. :D

fourth (and this has something to do with the kansas analogy) the ending was bloody brilliant. yep, just had a wannabe british moment there. (i know i failed; don't rub it in)

though i'm usually annoyed by angst, the angst in this story is what makes it beautiful. and i think the emotions in here aren't annoying because you're not cryptic. you give these little details that mean a lot. i can see this girl, with her seventeen magazine looking at the photograph in the paper.

for example if you wrote a one-shot called "unrequited love" or whatever, and the whole piece went,

do you know what you're doing to mewhen you break my heartwhen you do thatand do this

(see? no details. that's why the above piece sucks.)

the point i'm trying to make is that your pieces AREn't like that.

i think i have to add you to my favorite authors list now.
starry17 chapter 1 . 6/4/2005
yea i read this, and i really enjoyed it, plus it reminded me of a dave matthews song that i'd just love to share w/ you...

"For you I would crawlThrough the darkest dungeonClimb a castle wallIf you're my RapunzelYou let your hair downRight in through your windowGood, they locked the door'Cause I do my best for you"

so the song is called Rapunzel, in case you're interested...and anyway, i really like the analogy and think it fits very well. great job...
starry17 chapter 1 . 6/4/2005

Love Me CrayziE chapter 1 . 6/3/2005
its actually really good. i like the repunzel part, kinda describes myself. im always that girl. meh, well, i hope all works out for you. keep writing.

-summs