Reviews for Dial Tone
Tenno995 chapter 2 . 10/8/2010
My cork grease smells minty D

That is all
Jen chapter 15 . 9/27/2010
WOW. Well, I know this hasn't been updated in a while, but I have fallen head over heels for this story. Rest assured I'll be checking for updates even though chances seem slim, but hey, a girl can hope ;]

You're characters are witty, charming, occasionally uncouth and real all at once. It's more than a little refreshing, and I never thought I'd be captivated by the setting of a band camp, of all things, so gold kudos for you. Hope to see more in the not so distant future.

Happy writing!

Brittany chapter 15 . 9/1/2010
AHAHHAHAHA MILES I really hope you update soon. This story is really good and I love the characters. Great work!
Igellkott chapter 15 . 8/7/2010
A damned awesome story. Haha, was enjoyable to read.
InvalidError chapter 15 . 7/31/2010
Continue! Continue! Continue! Hurry! This is just too good. Oh Miles. That last sentence is just hilarious! xD Please hurry! I just love this POV, he's so funny!
MissEnvy chapter 15 . 7/19/2010
Just read all the chapters in one night and I'm totally obsessed. I particularly like Daniel's dialogue. :) Update soon!
Annie chapter 4 . 7/15/2010
GOD DAMN IT. You know, I try, try so hard to avoid stories like this. You know, the ones that don't say 'Complete', the ones that haven't been updated in TWO YEARS. I'm going to cry, seriously. I'm only on chapter 4, I love this story already, and I can just TELL that I'm going to be dying for much much more. I AM SO UPSET. THIS IS A WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL STORY. PLEASE UPDATE IT. Please continue writing!
Tyan chapter 15 . 6/14/2010
Hahaha, what a way to end the chapter xD I've grown increasingly fond of this story and I'm eagerly looking forward to the next update. Man, I'm so relieved for Daniel's patience, I'm not sure I could handle a "temporary break-up drama" right after they got together. And now Miles... hahah, oh boy. Sure was quick to jump on that train, wasn't he?

Ah, I'd also like to say that the kissing scenes were brilliant and that you have nothing to worry about. You're right, sex(y) scenes can do a lot of damage, but the way you did it was just perfect. Lots of (TRUCKLOADS of) sexual tension and nervous fiddling, yet done with a strange sort of... grace? They're meant for each other, obviously. If they hopped right off to bed (in the not-literal sense they did in chapter something) it would've been, hmm. Not as good? My eloquence, it astounds even me.

So. Next chapter, plz? Chop, chop! :D
wikki chapter 15 . 5/13/2010
Please write more!
SarahSupaStar chapter 15 . 5/13/2010
I love this story!

It amuses me so much that it happens at band camp. Especially because of the ever-so-well-known story-starting statement "So this one time at band camp..."

Also, I am not a band geek myself, but several of my bestest friends are, and it made me feel so proud of myself when you mentioned instruments that I recognized - like timpani (not counting the well-known instruments like sax or trumpet).

I really appreciate the way you wrote Sam's struggle with his attraction to Daniel. I feel like most slash stories I've read where the main character starts off thinking he's straight just have him be in denial for a while and then suddenly accept it all at once. I love that you didn't do that. Even after Sam finally breaks down and allows himself to feel attracted to Daniel for a little while (By the way, you need not worry about the potential dangers of writing a bad kissing scene - it was wonderful.), he's still torn between his new-found feelings and his fear of being gay.

The scene with Sam and Daniel on the roof was so perfect. I'm not the kind of person who lashes out when they feel threatened or scared, but I still felt like I could relate completely to Sam when his internal turmoil spilled out of him and scalded Daniel. As a reader, it was torture for me to keep reading as Sam shouted and insulted and raged at Daniel because he was too confused and terrified and proud to admit what he was actually feeling. But as a writer, I was in awe of your ability to make Sam seem both harsh and vulnerable at the same time; to make me angry at him for being such an idiot, while simultaneously making me feel like I understood exactly how he was feeling and why he was feeling it and like I somehow couldn't fault him for his outbursts.

I happen to prefer Tchaikovsky to Beethoven, and I loved the argument Sam and Daniel had about their classical composer preferences. I was particularly amused when Sam, after giving his rant about how Tchaikovsky would destroy Beethoven, referred to Beethoven as a crater. That made me laugh. XD

I was also really pleased when the argument was mentioned again in this chapter (1812 ringtone and all). It always makes me happy when authors refer back to elements from previous chapters in their stories.

All in all, I absolutely love it! (as previously stated) XD
SarahSupaStar chapter 8 . 5/11/2010
Tchaikovsky For The Win!
anna chapter 15 . 3/17/2010
you need to right NOW!

i fucking love this story and i just cant wait anymore! what happens? ive been waiting for over a year now and im still desperate enough to come back like every two weeks just to be disappointed again. just take me out of my misery! if you abandoned this story (which by the way would kill me!) just say so so i can move on and live my life again!

i know i am being dramatic but i cant help myself...i just love this story so much!

pleeaase im begging you!
Heather chapter 15 . 2/8/2010
Everytime I read this chapter and get to the ending I can't help but lmao, I just love when Dr. Miles says that...
mon seulemont chapter 15 . 1/18/2010
please please please update! i ache for more of this story!
thepurpleeggplant chapter 15 . 1/17/2010
please please please update! i'm dying here!
602 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »