Reviews for Dial Tone
tellme chapter 15 . 1/10/2009
I haven't used my old account since about 2003, but I had to make a new one just to say that this story's great, nice work.
tihagro chapter 15 . 1/4/2009
omg I stayed up all night to read this story, since I didn't have the willpower to actually stop so I have slept 3 hours tonight ( so yeah probably lots of typos here lol ) and I'm tired as hell and omg I LOVE THIS STORY SO FUC*ING MUCH!*w* I wanna have your babies! Can I? Please?

I like the way you write, its funny on the right part, sexy where its should be sexy, and and absolutely a-m-a-z-i-n-g!

I am going to check for updates everyday, since I just sank so low that I am seriously fangirling over this. The way those girls who calls themselves things like '' on msn, and wears ninja-headbands everywhere and can every line in hole fu*king show. (Nothing bad about you girls, Im now one of you ;w; )

So I am looking forward to the next chapter just like my dog looks forward to his next meal. That is a LOT!
Nazumi-Chan chapter 15 . 12/31/2008
Cant wait for more! update soon please
jamezz chapter 15 . 12/26/2008
this chapter was so intense i almost cried.i swear.i could feel all the emotions Sam was feeling almost like i was my god update soon!
Kat chapter 15 . 12/22/2008
Y'know, it's Sam and Daniel's banter that keeps me reading. I love the wit and bluntness that comes from them.

I look foward to more, I love it!
MotionSickness chapter 4 . 12/19/2008
Haha. It made me smile when they met and realized who they were.

Anyways, I like the story.
LittleMissAiLy chapter 15 . 12/19/2008
So, I found this story just last week when you had just updated with chapter 15. I had actually seen this before but had gone right over it. (Excuse the fact that I felt like the summary screamed cliche.) But then, I kept seeing this story on a lot of people's favorites, so I figured there had to be a reason it was so popular. And now I do. I'm liking this a lot. I can't wait to see where this goes.

What I was wondering though: if Daniel was at an Old Navy close enough to Sam that he went there too, wouldn't that imply that they could live relatively close together for all they know? Or is Sam just being stupid and not realizing that? (I do love Sam though. He's great fun.)
Jeoal chapter 15 . 12/19/2008
I think that one of the coolest things about this chapter - maybe about the fic in general, really - is how epiphany-like a lot of Sam’s thoughts are. I loved that he asked [How was it possible anyone got through this?] and [I mean, for Christ’s sake, warm dry hands? Are you kidding me?] because those are the sorts of things that everyone wants to know, but no one has the answers to, you know? How *does* anyone get through something like a love confession? Or a confrontation? We all do, but…there’s no real formula to follow. If there were, things would probably be a lot less stressful. And the hands bit. I mean…really. How do things become “attractive” to us? Socially we’re taught that this and that are beautiful, but…the small things, like warm, dry hands. How do such specifics become so beautiful, when we’re infatuated? You know, one thing and not the other. How is that all determined? It’s so marvelously odd and humanistic. A mystery of brain and soul power.

The setup of the rooftop was gorgeous. I loved the dry heat of it, and the solitary wind that kept it not-quite-so-blissfully bearable. And the sun-bleached tiles and the way that the heat was practically rising in waves off them - I was there, it felt like. Haha, and the remark about the cactus and boot spurs. I could almost see a tumble weed, too, maybe not for it being so hot, but just for the whole mood of shoot-out. ;pp

[And after I ran out of things to casually observe, there was Daniel.] ! I love the…geez, simplicity of that line. The finality of it. Is that the word I want? …Maybe the…quietness of the can of worms being opened. The start of the beginning/end, so to speak. But how it felt so subtle and solitary, unassuming. It was quite beautiful. Loved how you did that. And then his [I tried making pretend it was the first time I’d ever set eyes on him, to see what I’d think.] Another one of those thoughts he had that just made me go, “yes! Of course!” Because it just feels so human.

And okay, so I, like everyone, really adore Daniel. I mean, I think I’ve said that before, but I am falling for him as Sam is, seriously, and with winning comments like [“No. It was dictated.”] and [“But it wouldn’t be a waste if you want to talk,” he said quickly. Backpedaling like mad.] and [“Quit making yourself sick because of me,”] (totally a swoon moment, fyi) and [“If the only outcome of this conversation is that we’ll be done with each other, then I just won’t have this conversation.”] (how romantically illogical of you, D-man. ) and OH, OH, the crossing his fingers over his heart part…I am goo. I am just wanting to shake Sam like a rag doll and tell him if he doesn’t want Daniel, I will gladly take him, haha.

You know…ah, if I were a character in your stories. ;p

But speaking of the heart-crossing…loved that Sam did it BACK, and that he did not break eye-contact. In my personal experience (reader baggage alert), it is very hard for me to just look at someone continuously, especially if they’re talking to me or I’m talking to them, and so…that moment, for me, came off very powerfully. I can tell Sam has a little problem (little? Hah) with confrontation and being the center of attention (though he seems to attract attention, despite it, huh?), and so…I bet that was a pretty decent-sized step for him, too.

Naked lust!

...That is all.

[He leaned over and kissed me, just a chaste little thing that didn’t even make it fully onto my lips, landing skewed slightly onto the corner of my mouth.] Another beautiful moment of Daniel characterization. I love lopsided kisses. They show that not everything is always some perfect swelter-kiss or suave moment of romance. Pure cute.

[It’s like you’re made of ice. Nothing gets to you.” / That’s not true. I’m actually unraveling on the inside.] This part was just really cool because we know what’s going on in Sam’s head, but it reaffirms and makes us remember that Daniel doesn’t, that all the information we’re privy to, he’s not, and what we see of Sam isn’t necessarily (at all) what he sees of him. It was funny, almost, in that respect too, since he’s clearly letting this whole situation get to him in a huge way, but Daniel has absolutely no clue! And so, it makes you wonder if Daniel is similarly melting down, too, since he's Mr. Cool, usually. I think on some level, most people hope for that - that they come off that cool, even if they’re really freaking out on the inside.

As an aside, it's so cool how such a small comment can make you think so much. ;D Ace, doll face.

[Our hands were still together, but his were completely open and relaxed. I was the one holding onto him.] D’awe. I adore this moment because it is so telling, something even Sam’s narrative can’t deny. The power of the subconscious at work.

The whole moment of him touching Daniel’s face, too. How he thinks Daniel will push him off or protect him from his own curiosity. Haha, right, Sam...keep deluding yourself.

[“You make it sound like I pushed you. What’s your problem, out of curiosity?” he said.] A question, Daniel. Props to you for cutting to the chase.

[“I like being self-absorbed. It’s quiet and it’s safe, and it doesn’t have you in it.] I love the vulnerability of his self-absorption, and the fact that he’s got a different excuse for supposedly being self-absorbed than most everyone else pwho’s self-absorbed. It's not about being so in love with himself but being so un-trusting and wary of everyone else.

I wasn’t really looking, but I noticed one little typo as I read, [*A* gave a low, dangerous chuckle.] (I?)

[the part where you’re going to practice with a hard-on?” he asked. Innocence defined.] Ahaha, Sam should know better by now not to say things like that around him. Like Daniel’d let that one die. Probably remember it for years and bring it up, every chance he can.

[“You and your cephalopod friend?”] Miles is awesome. Anyone who can say *cephalopod* in a conversation and not sound ridiculous has my respect. And plus, oh wow, the ending. Cliffhanger, much? But I can’t wait to see how that pans out! And how Mr. Epitome of Cool and Collected Sam handles it. ;pp
HentaiZaru chapter 15 . 12/19/2008
That's a joke...right? Update soon!
whoknowstherealme chapter 9 . 12/18/2008
you said and i quote:

"Every time I get a review, even if I’m in the middle of something else, I get this insane urge to write for you. So go do it YOU KNOW YOU WANNA."... :-)
whoknowstherealme chapter 10 . 12/18/2008