Reviews for How To Take Over The World
little-caitlin chapter 22 . 11/12/2005
Okay...XD Sorry I didn't review last time.. I had my computer taken away from me for being up too late on it.
Mizu-Yoru-Tsuki chapter 22 . 11/12/2005
o gosh! i love the out-take for this chapter! XD hahahahahaha! it's great! _
Mizu-Yoru-Tsuki chapter 17 . 11/11/2005
great story! i'd love to read more, but i'm sleepy! _' ...well, i'll read the rest tomorrow! this story is WAY too funny to stop reading for a long time! XD Ethan and Andy are so kawaii! XD well, ja ne! _
rainbowskye chapter 22 . 11/8/2005
This chapter wasn't overly confusing. I feel sorry for Josh.. his heart was in the right place even if his information and methods were totally wrong. Still, he loved his sister and wanted retribution, which is sweet. I was so suprised when Andy was suddenly held up at gunpoint, there are always twists and suprises in this story which I love. It definately makes it more interesting to come back each chapter and see what's going on now. Can't wait for more!
Rosemarykiss chapter 22 . 11/7/2005
Nice, will there be more Josh in it? I like him, he's a little slow but he will learn...lol
ScarletteAI chapter 21 . 11/1/2005
Cool...Nice update! I really like the light heartedness...

~~Soon~~
Rosemarykiss chapter 21 . 11/1/2005
What a nasty little boy Ethan is! I like it!:)
rainbowskye chapter 21 . 10/31/2005
It was cool to see the role reversal - Ethan being a little weaker, and Andy being there. Generally I think that, with Ethan having more knowledge about the kind of world their living, he's at more of an advantage. And to support that - look at what he can do with the aura/spells! That's a *great* use for magic *laughs*
Terryll Preston chapter 20 . 10/31/2005
Another great chapter, Melaine! I love the bit about polarity and especially the 'Out-Takes' dealing with it! I haven't laughed that hard in a long, long while! Anyways, this chapter is absolutely wonderful! I loved the interaction between Ethan and Andy (YAY! It was an Ethan/Andy heavy chapter!) as well as the general pacing. You've really done a great job writing this! The fallout from the battle with the Angels over L.A. is well-thought out and very intriguing and it really makes me want to start wroking on 'Mode Gray' again (I really miss writing it, but hardly have the time with everything else! LOL!)! As usual, your flow was good and your use of wording came across very well; though i did come across a error or two:

'When you woke up, I could hardly felt the difference.'

I think you meant to place 'feel' there instead of 'felt'

'Ethan felt asleep not long after, a smile on his lips.'

Again, I think 'feel' would sound better here than 'felt'.

Well, those are the only two I came across! I'm sorry! I didn't mean to find them! LOL! I just want your writing to be the best it can be, Melaine! And besides, that's what loving fanboys are for...right? LOL! Anyways, as I said before, it was an awesome chapter of 'HTTOTW' and I can't wait to see what you planned for the rest! All I have to do is wait for about four to five more hours...and then it update city! LOL! Keep up the good work!

See you next review!

Terryll Preston, still2twisted of FictionPress fame...
Ephemeral Seraphim chapter 11 . 10/27/2005
Now this seems to be a more passionate chapter, and we get to see hot and steamy action! *cheers* I was waiting for a long time for something like this to happen, and I'm just practically trembling with anticipation to see the next chapter. Hoho, the sexual tension throughout this chapter was very high, and Andy and Ethan are definitely one of the most sexiest couple that I have ever seen on Fictionpress. That's a fact. I love them to death! If you give me Ethan and Andy plushies, I will trade you for Juneau and Andante plushies, along with Rick and Nelson! Of course, these plushies are attatchable, and can be put into fifty different positions! Isn't that awesome? Anyways, here is your steaming plate of hot and fresh cyber cookies, baked to perfection by me. Oh, and of course, you MUST have this gooey, rich chocolate! *hands it all over* This didn't have the same kind of action as before when Andy had transformed (I still have that image stuck in my head! Wow! I mean, it was totally cool that he did it for the first time, and I can't wait to see when Andy will hand out the can of whoopass again). Hoho, I think that Ethan is quite the horndog, isn't he? Hehe!

"To my bedroom, of course. Not that I mind doing it against the wall, but my bed should be more comfortable. Besides, we need condoms and lube."

LOL. That was priceless. I just love Ethan and the way that his devious little mind works. *cheers Ethan on to seduce Andy and lure him into the bedroom* The outtake was hilarious as well, and you just have a rapier wit mind that comes up with some of the coolest things. Hehe, I'm going to be cut off short for now, because I gotta go back to more studies. So, in conclusion, this was an awesome and fantastic fic that's just gripped me by the throat, and now I'm going through the greatest experience ever. I totally know that you won't let me down on that

Ephemeral Seraphim chapter 10 . 10/27/2005
Hoho, and now we've introduced some conflict in here at the beginning in the chapter, but I'm glad that Cynthia would have stayed friends with Andy, even if she would have remembered the traumatizing incident that she had witnessed. It shows that she's a good character and a great friend to Andy (a friend of course, not a lover, hehe that position is reserved for Ethan only!), and it really reveals a good facet of her personality, and this kind of situation shows Cynthia in a new light as well and deepens her character. We also see Andy's conflict and distress about the incident, but I'm glad that everything had worked out okay at the end, when Ethan did some convincing. As always, the out-take was hilarious. Yay for yuri! Yay for yaoi! *waves a banner that specifically is for yuri and yaoi fans* God, I absoultely love the outtakes that you have with every chapter, and I can tell that everyone else reading this fic loves the outtakes as well. For the love of everything that is good and of Melaine, I pray to the goddess of creativity to forever shower you with an endless supply of creative ideas and humerous out-takes. I'll never get tired of them! Alyson seems like a really cool person too, and it's hard to find an unlikeable person in the roster of characters (well, that villain from the last chapter was absolutely despicable, but I won't go into much detail about him, because I can go in an hour long rant that would probably take ages to conclude. Thus, I shall say nothing upon that matter ) But yes, once again, I am so sorry for the overdue reviews that I owe you, but I absolutely promise you that I will review all these chapters of yours, and that they will all be long, detailed, and fulfilling reviews that give each chapter of the story justice! *salutes* This was a more serious chapter compared to some of the others that I have seen, but it also shows the more human side of your characters as well, where they openly admit their emotions here, with Andy being scared of the tremendous power that wells up inside of him, and Cynthia's trauma as well, and her ambivalent feeling of still caring for Andy, even after the incident she had witnessed. Once again, you've pulled off another amazing chapter, and I'm glad that I'm able to sit back and read a little bit more before I have to go back to doing my work again *grumbles under her breath* Stupid schoolwork. It really detracts from my reading time! *grumbles again, then puts on a perky smile* Anyways, I shall go onto the next chapter!

Ephemeral Seraphim chapter 9 . 10/27/2005
Tons of homework to be done, and of course, a lot of schoolwork as usual, but everything is progressing wonderfully for me. Now that I've finally got a little time for myself to review your chapter for this fantastic and absolutely wonderful story, I shall grace you with one of my super special reviews! *spreads glitter and heart confetti all around* Isn't it wonderful? You get an extra lengthy, and, uh, super-special review, because it took me so long to get back to you on this story! *bangs head on the wall until it bleeds*

NO HEATHERS WERE INJURED IN THE MAKING OF THIS REVIEW

But seriously, onto the review though. Melaine, I've known you for quite some time now. However, you never cease to amaze me with your wonderful storytelling, and when you first immerse your readers into the story, it's almost like reading one big manga book, and each chapter is a great episode that is reminiscent of most anime films. The outtakes, as usual, are the great part of the story, a wonderful addition, but the story by itself is just extraordinary all by itself. The characters are just awesome, and we finally get to see Andy transform into his half-demon form and give that evil villain a serious kick in the butt! I was in suspense in the other review and I was wondering what was going to happen to Andy and Cynthia, and wondered what the brown-haired demon was going to do, and from what I can tell in this scene, that demon was a total bastard! GO ANDY! Anyways, fangirlism aside, I can tell that this story is set up for many exciting possibilities, and the characters have endless oppurtunities to grow and expand within the reader's minds as well, and as you said in your response to Terryll in this chapter, the characters not only live in your head, but they have been given life in the reader's heads as well. The humor and wit in this story is snappy, and of course, we love to have a little bit of humor and action in a manga, don't we? Of course, don't forget the memorable cast of characters as well, because the characters are always an important ingredient in the recipe of making a story, and I see that you've done a remarkable job of that, developing beautifully crafted characters. Of course, when it changed point of views, I got a little confused, because they weren't separated from one another, but I know that Fictionpress can be a bitch sometimes when it comse to formatting stories in a certain way (I've had several occassions where I have uploaded a story and it didn't come up uploaded the way that I had wanted it. There are similar complaints from the poets as well, since poetry has more typographical freedom than prose normally does) But anyways, I am perhaps rambling and boring everyone right now. Hehe. That's the only thing that I got a little confused about, but don't worry about it, Mel-sama, it's only a minor thing, and of course, it doesn't detract from the reading experience at all. This was a riveting chapter that was full of action, and of course, we got to see a few special effects as well when Andy started to reveal his true form as a half-demon, and that was definitely an awesome thing to visualize! I could totally imagine the way that emanating waves of demonic power were rolling off of him like heat waves, and I could just imagine the shock on the other guy's face when he was beginning to see Andy's power increasing at such an astonishing rate. That was probably an awesome part of the scene, which was kind of DragonBall Z-esque (hehe, I'm still a bit of a DragonBall Z fan, I admit it). Hm, out of curiosity, what kind of music do you listen to when you created this work? Just curious. Hehe. To tell you the truth, I listen to some music while I'm creating some pieces, and I think that Visions of Kara probably consisted of Evanescence, Bright Eyes, and a few other songs that helped to stew together the right emotions and everything. I just wanted you to add some interesting tidbits if you're going to add me in the review shoutout at the beginning of each new chapter Anyways, as always, this is a job well done, and I will not stop applauding until a week from now.

ScarletteAI chapter 20 . 10/26/2005
Great update! Till next time!

~Y-Chan~
rainbowskye chapter 20 . 10/25/2005
There's still some work to be done I see. Hope they don't get into trouble.. And especially that they don't get Cynthia into trouble!

Maybe I should be worried but Andy, Ethan, Daimot and everyone else seem like good people so I don't feel like 'uh oh, they won..' Of course if the story was with angels instead of demons then I'd want them to win because your characters are good and make the reader root for them
Rosemarykiss chapter 20 . 10/24/2005
Nice, to see a update so soon. But still Vancouver? Sorry can't get over it;)
117 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »