Reviews for How To Take Over The World
Ephemeral Seraphim chapter 4 . 6/30/2005
Now this was very, very good. Man, I love your stuff. It just got better. And the outtakes, wow, that was great stuff. Heehee. I just LOVED it. And, oh, so the moment of truth comes out. You've really played out the drama between them quite well, and the conflict is excrutiatingly suspenseful! Oh my goodness, I think I'm gonna have a nosebleed or something. Heehee. This was well done, and I loved everything about it. Everything is perfect, from the mood, to the prose, and of course, to our perfectly loveable characters, Andy and Ethan! *applause rings around the room* Well, I think that you've introduced a lovely new couple onto the Fictionpress stage, and I hope that you continue to impress all of your fans with your wonderful writing! I'm truly sorry about the late reviews, because I've been quite busy for a bit (busy in the summer, kind of ironic, don't you think?) but anyways, you gave me a few moments of bliss just reading this. I love it. Pure and simple. And I don't think that there's any other words that I can say except for this. Brilliant.

Ephemeral Seraphim chapter 3 . 6/30/2005
Wow, wow, WOW! Oh my goodness, the classic humor never ends, does it? If there's anything more than I love than manga, it's well-placed humor, and the best part of this is, that it's manga and well-placed humor! God, can this fic get any better than this? I sincerely doubt it, but at the rate you're going, you're proving me wrong and wrong again. Each chapter just keeps on delivering the zany laughs, and of course, the nonstop fun that's happening between the wizard and demon. I just love their interactions together, it just totally proves that their relationship is meant to be. *sighs dramatically* Yeah, this was a little slower than the last two chapters, but don't worry about that! You can't have the nonstop fun all the time, or else you'll leave your reader breathless! So, it's good that you're taking it slow from here. Perhaps it's climaxing towards...the sex scene? *waggles eyebrows* Oh, seriously now. I loved this just as much as the other chapters. Anyways, outtakes are great as usual. Hoho, where do you come up with these classic brands of humor? I just love them to pieces and bits, I do. Heehee. This is a tremendously cute fic, and it certainly has my applause. I think that I'm going to keep on applauding until tomorrow, or something like that. Heck, I might be applauding for a week. But as always, you do a great job with this, and as always, I find myself loving the story to death. In fact, I love it too much to be healthy. O_O But yeah, it's that good. Your stories are like my addiction, my drug. At the rate you're going, I'm going to be high on boy x boy love.

Ephemeral Seraphim chapter 2 . 6/30/2005
This seems to be shorter than the last chapter, but you know what that means! Short SWEET! As always, I totally love this, and as courtesy of the FP Triad (which is me, you, and Terryll, the lovable guy we all know and love!) Sorry I haven't been able to review for quite some time now, and Terryll told me you needed some review love! So here it is! One of the chibi brand reviews that everyone has come to love! So you know that it's going to be a long review! Of course, I'm going to review your other chapters too, and I see that you've been updating while I've been on a long delay. Jeez girl, you sure are a quick updater! Lol! That's great! That means that you're a very prolific writer Melaine, and I mean it! Truly! Those words came straight from my heart (cross my heart and hope to die ;)) Well, I'm going to e-mail you sooner or later, it's just gonna take me a long while. Heehee. Anyways, onto the REAL purpose of this review, I found that this story was engaging, which was typical of some of your wonderful, classic works. I mean, the way that you introduce your characters and everything is just great, and oh boy, they sure got their quirks! I LOVE that in characters! Heehee! With the eccentric characters that you have in this story, everybody's bound to love them! Especially that cute little demon Daimot! I want to have his babies! XD Oh my God, Terryll snagged the line that I loved the most too! Hoho, you've got the funny bone in you, Melaine, you comedian you! Your works are delightfully refreshing, and I just love the way that you have your sense of humor pop out in the story. Definitely, definitely one of your great pieces of work (but that's so hard to choose from though, because there's so many great works on this one. Heehee, I know, I know, I'm indecisive, but I can't choose between your works! Who can ever forget Reliox/Kipali? Or how about Michael/Scott?) Anyways, this pairing remains one of the most adorable couples that I've ever seen star on Fictionpress, and, oh boy, it's HOTT! Oh, and it's great to hear that you've got a lot of ideas planned for this story, because I'm gonna be ready to read em! Bring it on, man! Me and my two other personalities will be ready to read it!

Lee: Hn. (Yes, I am ready! I'm MAN enough to take on some hot steamy action between Michael and Scott)

Crazy Hazy: You gots it, man!

Anyways, the bonus of this story is that it introduces something special and rare...HILARIOUS outtakes! God, I just love the way that you do these outtakes! I wish that I would have thought of something half as clever as that! Jeez, Melaine! At the rate you're going, you're going to make me look like a terrible writer, lol. But seriously, great job on this chapter, like always, and now I'm going onto the next chapter!

Rosemarykiss chapter 4 . 6/27/2005
So happy you updated! Can't wait for more _
Terryll Preston chapter 3 . 6/25/2005
As usual Prof, the Out-Takes were brilliantly funny:

'There was a long silence. Then, Julian said: "Hi! I'm Julian, and here's Will. He's cosplayed as an elf."'

Simply beautiful! You do have a good talent for writing the humor, don't you? LOL! I can't wait for the next set of Out-Takes! Just likes these here, they're probably going to make me laugh until I split a gut!

And now, on to he real meat of the review...and I'm SO sorry for not getting to this any ealier than now! But I hope that the email I sent you will make up for my lateness here (Cough, 'Over Latte' preview, Cough). But anyways, on to the review! Okay, I guess I better go ahead and get this out of the way. This chapter seemed to read very slowly. I don't know why. Maybe it was because you were trying to build up the interaction between Andy and Ethan or maybe it was something else. Either way, this chapter seemed to lack the high energy of the first two. Not that it's a bad thing! It just kinda threw me off a bit. But it did really pick up near the end when the little boy recognized Andy as a demon. I think that you handled his shock and uneasiness very, very well. I think that you also did a good job forming the bond between the two, making it a slow and steady process and not trying to speed it along for the sake of the yaoi fandom. Building up good character interaction and tension just makes the situations more believable in the long run. And I will definitely applaud you for that. As far as the puncuation and grammar goes, I found nothing that leapt out at me. So, you are squared in that area. The only major problem for me? WHERE THE HECK IS DAIMOT? Yeah, I know that he got a little 'air-time' in the Out-Takes, but I wanted him in the story! He's one of my favorite characters in 'How To Take Over The World'! Please, please, PLEASE put him in the next chapter (GOD! I sound like a stark-raving mad fanboy or something! LOL!)! Okay, seriously, you did a good job with this chapter. But just remember to keep up that same high-paced, hyper-energy that you had for the first two chapters. I think that it what this chapter was lacking, but nothing more than that. And don't worry about the lack of reviews, I've been having the same problems as of late. And besides, I'll always be here to review you - whenever you need it!

And that's a promise!

Please post more soon because that ending demands a quick resolution...

Terryll Preston chapter 2 . 6/15/2005
'Great! What the Hell was Zadina doing with a homophobic human who believed in God, and not even the real God, leader of a gang of bisexual angels, but the stereotypical God, mascot of the Christian tyranny? And her son was an Atheist, at that! "So you don't believe in Satan?" Ethan asked.'

Best. Lines. Ever!

Without a doubt, Prof, I LOVED this chapter of your story! You have created some seriously cool and hilarious interaction between ALL of your characters! Ethan and Andy. Ethan, Will and Julian. Ethan and Daimot. Oh, by the way, I really find myself loving Daimot. He just way too cute! And goodness, is he ever a little horndog! Jeez, you give him enough time and he'll probably be humping Ethan's leg! LOL! But seriously, I think that you have continued very well with the excellent start that you had. Though I did notice some wierd tensing issues and some even odder POV switches, it still came together perfectly and gave me not just a good read, but some good humor as well. Hopefully the next chapter will be up soon! And yes, I am currently working on the next chapter to 'Over Latte' but it may take a bit of time as 'the Tatakai' is about to start up again. Stop by the Cerulean Knights and give it a read, being that you were a fan of the first. We promise to actually try to finish it this time! Oh yeah, I'll be sending you an email probably this Thursday or Friday...sorry about the wait, but 'the Tatakai' and other stuff have had me very busy as of late. Well, I better get a goin'! Oops...Becca flashback! LOL! I'll talk to ya later!

Rosemarykiss chapter 2 . 6/13/2005
A religious zealous married to demon, ha,ha, can't wait meet those parents :)
Starlite Nightfall chapter 1 . 6/10/2005
this was a very different story. I liked it lots though...update soon
hikarienzeru chapter 1 . 6/7/2005
wow! this GREAT i love it, now come on what happen's next? i konw thaT you have a lot more great ideas in that head of your's and you know there's only one way for us reader's to find out what happen's, UPDATE! so anywho keep up the good work and i'll be waiting. _
Rosemarykiss chapter 1 . 6/7/2005
Ow, this looks like it's going to be a very cool story, update soon!
Ephemeral Seraphim chapter 1 . 6/6/2005
Hey!

This story was so awesome in so many words that I can't fully describe this wonderful feeling that I feel inside when I read the magnificent words that grace my computer screen. Oh my goodness, what talent you have! The way that you've introduced the characters was great, and just the dialogue was also compelling. I love the characters already, and I think that you're going to make another classic yaoi couple like always, Mel-sama! Reliox and Kipali, Michael and Scott, and now, the newest additions to our handsome and lovely yaoi couples are: Ethan and Andy! Wow, you've definitely got a nice array of stories coming along here, and I'm glad to see that you've gotten inspiration to write another beautiful story that's sure to knock the socks off of everyone on Fictionpress. And, thank you VERY much for the dedication! I'm glad that you dedicated this wonderful piece of work to still2twisted and me, because this piece of work was magnificent. Constructive criticism? Naw, can't think of any. I think that it's very talented of you to be able to write in English when your mother language is French. I'd never be able to do something like that! The writing style in English is beautiful and fluent: I'd love to see what you'd write in French, if I can read it, lol! The Out Takes were another interesting take on the story, and I'd just love to see what your ingenious little mind will come up with next! Ooh, the suspense is simply killing me here! I love the way that you've done this story, and it was hilarious to boot, too. Man, you've got a lot of talent in writing hot and steamy stories along with writing humor as well, which is something I probably need to refine a little bit more. Oh, wow, I'm getting all sweaty! I'm just...just so PUMPED to see what you're planning to do next! Come on, you've got Terryll and I in some deep, profound, abysmal suspense here! We...want...more! Wow, if you keep this up, you're definitely going to have a bunch of fangirls and fanboys stalking you all the way to France and DEMANDING you to continue your story or else! Lol! Seriously, I feel that this is going to be a successful story, just like all your other stories have been, and you've offered some writing that other people can enjoy on Fictionpress. I thank you whole-heartedly for this wonderful story, the dedication, and just for being an overall cool friend to me. It seems like it's been so long since we've known each other, and this day gives me a tinge of nostalgia when I remember reading your first story ever: Sphere of Glaziodus. I don't think there's been any other story that's given me more joy than this. I just love your writings, and I'd LOVE to see more of this! It's just too awesome to pass up! Terryll got first dibs on the first review, but I think I'll probably have the longer review once I'm done with this one, lol! Woah, I also heard that still2twisted is working on his 'Over Latte' Story, WHICH I'm very excited to see. I'm glad that you and Terryll are both working hard this summer on your writing, and I think that I still owe Terryll some reviews on some of his stuff. School's winding down though, so I think that everything's going to be all good for now. Once I'm out of school, then nothing can stop me! Muahahaa! But, yeah, this was simply a great story, and I don't think that I can write this enough times or shout it out from the rooftops enough time. Man, Mel-sama, you've got talent, and you sure know how to use it! Yeah, I kinda made this review into a glittery praise/bio/nostalgia note, but it's great to see that you're back on Fictionpress again. Let's see what my three personalities think of that!

Crazy Hazy: Yow-za! I be liking this idea of Ethan/Andy! Are we going to be seeing some S-T-E-A-M-Y action around here?

Lee: Hn. (I like boy/boy love, and there's nothing that going to stop me from reading a wonderful work such as this)

There you have it. My three personalities have determined this story's greatness, and I give this score an infinity out of ten. Seriuosly. Girl, you rock my dreadlocks! Anyways, I hope to see more of this in the future, and keep on writing, and definitely keeping being your same, loveable, fun self!

Au revoir, mon amie!

Terryll Preston chapter 1 . 6/6/2005
First and MOST importantly...YOU HAVE BEEN FAVED! Second, DAMN GIRL, IT'S GOOD TO SEE YOUR TEXT AGAIN ON FP! And third (and NOT in caps), this is one cool as hell story that you've put together! Seriously! Wow Prof, you have amazed me today with the mixture of humor and yaoi hotness...of which I am SURE there is more to come! It's gonna be vcery interesting to watch Andy's reactions as he learns about himself and his...uh, other side. And Ethan...our darling little Ethan...what a positively dirty mind he has. I like him already! Julian and Will seem cool to, but I need to see more of their individual personalities before I can make a determination on them. You set-up was well done and story itself left you with just enough mystery without seeming to through you blindly to the wolves. You flow and wordage was also pretty good, though I did detect a number of weird grammar oddities and a few misplaced words. You might want to go over your original copy one more time to clear them all out. My only question? When's the next update coming? Huh? Where is it? I don't see your fingers moving! Why are your finger just sitting still at the keyboard? They should be moving! Moving to get me the next chapter of this very cool story that you've got cooking! LOL! Heh, like you told me when I returned from my hiatus - you're back with a vengence! Way to go, girl! Oh and by the way, thanks for the dedication! I'm sure that Chibi will appreciate the gesture as well. Oh yeah, I absolutely LOVE the 'Out-Takes'! Nice idea and it helps to cement the humor in this story. Good work, Prof! Well, I think that I've swelled your head enough for one day, Besides, I've got to get back to work on 'Over Latte'! Catch you on the flipside of tomorrow!

117 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8