Reviews for Hate The Whalers
pipo chapter 1 . 2/22/2008
I am so glad that we are on the same page here. I strongly believe that these whalers MUST be stopped, and NOW!

It's just disgusting and despicable how these 'people'- if they can even be called that- continue to hunt and SLAUGHTER these beautiful creatures. Aren't these whales living things too?

I just can't believe how far these people can go to. Killing whales for scientific research? Scientific research my ass! The most 'scientific' these stupid people are doing is killing the whales and distributing them all over as canteen and dog food! Seriously!

I am just so sorry for the whales. The poor creatures.

Well, hope you guy's can see from my point of view. This is just what I think of this atrocious behavious of killing these endangered and wonderful creatures.
Paladia chapter 1 . 11/28/2005
Here are some points that perhaps you should take into consideration the next time you write an essay (ie. rant):

1. Your essay fails to take into account any other viewpoints, other than a brief mention of the scientific viewpoint. Even then, you do not explain what 'scientific research' is being done. Sometimes scientific research actually does help humanity, like the experimentation on dogs to isolate insulin (see for more info). A lot of people live now because thousands of dogs were killed for that. It's not all hybrid ass-rats with two foreheads.

2. You approach the topic in a way that only appeals to a person's emotions, and don't bother providing any source of proof other than this 'wildlife magazine' that you don't bother to name. While an emotional approach to a topic may appeal to people that already share your point of view, this approach does not work on people who want to know WHY they are lashing out against something. Give me real evidence that the whalers are hell-bound evildoers with nothing on their minds but the slaughter of innocent whale calfs, and then I'll believe you. Until then, don't bother posting.

3. "Fuck." Gee, I can say it too! And it expresses so much of what I want to say! Oh, wait...nope. It just expresses anger. Anger that makes you look stupid. Sparsely used is acceptable, not when its sprinkled around like...sprinkles. Think: does using that word 50 times in a 300 word essay lends credibility to yourself, or the whalers?

4. "The human race is no ‘civilisation’. Abomination, perhaps." Don't make generalizations like that. First you're talking about whalers being horrible, and then suddenly the entire human race is going to hell in a handbasket. A select group of people are doing something that you don't approve of - but not everyone is chucking spears at the nearest whale.

In summary - bad essay, annoying rant.

-Opioid Analgesics
Learah Kaelar chapter 1 . 8/14/2005
I completely AGREE! All the way!These people need to be stopped, and NOW! Actually, I saw the website on your profile and went there...Our school has an Eco Club that I'm in and you can BET I'll be bringing this up!Blessed Be, and may whalers all die traumatizing deaths! Learah Kaelar
thenewromantic chapter 1 . 7/5/2005
I SHARE YOUR ANGER! My God that is sick! I checked out your web site and it is really good, I'm so glad you're doing something to stop this and I will join. Anyway, onto your essay! I think it's brilliant, opening people's eyes to this atrocity, giving a lot of shocking facts, but I have just 1 constructive critcism - at the start, although I totally understand why you let rip at these evil whalers, swearing right at the beginning comes across as slightly less intelligent than the rest of the essay is. Just an opinion - otherwise it's great!
Decollage chapter 1 . 6/18/2005
Hell yes! I can't believe that people just don't GET IT! I mean, look at the seal hunt in Canada- you try to talk about it, or anything else concerning the wellbeing of the planet, and people start to drool, their eyes glaze over, and then without even knowing what you're talking about, they call you an irrational granola-suicide and walk away.
hvk chapter 1 . 6/13/2005
I agree. These people should be dragged underground, locked up in a torture chamber and mutilated to death by a homicidal maniac.

And people wonder why most animal lovers are misanthropes.
Thornberry chapter 1 . 6/9/2005
Holy sh*t Chantal... I completely agree with you but..lol, I don't think I've every seen the F-word used that many times in a piece of writing. (ducks in cover incase authur tries to hit her.) But yea, I agree with you. I think its a bit like the song In This World (Murder) by Good Charlotte. One of the lyrics is "And they can't see the innocent lives/The pointless suffering And in my heart I wanna undo this murder/And give back the innocent life/Open cages and stop their luxurious murder, it's murder" I HATE whalers! Hate 'em hate 'em hate 'em!
shadowedstar213 chapter 1 . 6/9/2005
Hi! It's me again! I have to cry from all this stress, so I might as well have a reason, right? Anyway, I just wanted to say that TIGERS WILL BECOME EXTINCT IN APPROXIMATELY 5 YEARS IF POACHING DOES NOT STOP! HATE THE MURDERERS! HATE THE MURDERERS! Come on, chant with me! HATE THE MURDERERS! HATE THE MURDERERS! HATE THE MURDERERS! (runs down street shouting) HATE THE MURDERERS! HATE THE MURDERERS! HATE THE MURDERERS!
Moonlight Tigress chapter 1 . 6/8/2005
i understand how you feel. i could say many horrid things to agree with this, but i dont want to swear in a review. Either way, i agree, its truthful and emotional way to express yourself, and i hope some day we can stop these 'people' as well.
shadowedstar213 chapter 1 . 6/8/2005
WHAT? Must... restrain... self... from... decapitating... fishermen... and... whalers... must... restrain... self... (repeats for the next 5 hours, then cries hysterically for the next 3 hours) OH MY GOSH! HOW CAN PEOPLE DO THIS? IT'S TOTALLY UNEXCEPTABLE AND UNFORGIVABLE! IT'S MURDER, FOR PETE'S SAKE! MURDER IS BAD! ANIMALS AREN'T ON THIS EARTH TO BE MERCILESSLY SLAUGHTERED FOR SELFISH HUMAN NEEDS! I MEAN, THIS SO-CALLED SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH IS MURDER! SO WHAT IF THEY'RE DOING THIS TO IMPROVE A HUMAN'S HEALTH OR WHATEVER? IT DOESN'T MATTER! THEY'RE STILL MURDERERS! HOW CAN 'PEOPLE' SLAUGHTER ANIMALS AND NOT EVEN CARE THAT THEY'VE SELFISHLY TAKEN AN ANIMAL'S LIFE JUST TO SAVE THEIR OWN? (spends next week crying hysterically and punching pillow and being severely cranky)

okay... (sniffle) you say, "I cannot physically imagine a sane human being hunting down and killing whales like this..." you should take out the "being" because it is unnessecary. Not that you should care about grammar when you're too angry about this MURDER... (sniffle sniffle, wipes tear from eyes)
Baileygirl35 chapter 1 . 6/8/2005
I completely agree...I Don't see how peopel can do that without an over riding concious making them stop. I mean...*sigh* I won't even get into it...