Reviews for When Time Sleeps
Cotton Candy chapter 5 . 6/18/2012
Will you finish this pretty please?
Alicat05812 chapter 24 . 3/8/2011
Ok so I'm a new reader to this story and I wanted to let you know that I thought it was really good so far. It has kept me interested throughout the whole time I read it. I hope that you continue to write it. I really want to read more.
Airily chapter 1 . 11/20/2010
Hello! I love this story, I read it back when it was still being updated. I am just now wondering if it will be updated again, as an enquiry :) If not, thank you for what you did write, it was magical and a part of me will remain charmed for life.
Narc chapter 2 . 12/21/2008
The way you introduced her use of magic was pretty original. It's a lot more subtle than the more typical 'girl gets mad and fights back with magic all of the sudden'. But the changing of the textbook was really interesting, especially with what her mother says at the very end.

I thought the teacher came on a little too strong. Her lines just didn't seem very believable and her whole reaction to the text seemed kind of rushed.
Narc chapter 1 . 12/21/2008
Hm, so this Sleeping Beauty story takes place in a modern day setting? Interesting. It sounds like you've put some thought into the backstory of this, with Semblwe and all, though I like that you aren't trying to dump it on us. :) Just enough hints about strange things to keep my interest.
ZealousKnight chapter 23 . 12/21/2008
A lovely way to start a snowed-in sunday morning!

Where to begin? The first thing that stood out to me, I'm pleased to say, is that my comment about Philip being somewhat unpolished will soon be rendered obsolete, or so it appears. For that I congratulate you. It seems young Philip is about to gain some very important development of personal character as he embarks, not only into kinghood, but manhood as well.

He still has that bit of that little boy in him, as evidenced by the unconscious decision to climb a tree, and his exploration of "buried treasure" as he examines past Tollsgiving gifts-not necessarily a bad quality to retain. I'm interested to see what sort of king he'll make.

Another thing that strikes me is the Sorrelfenyi King's (can't remember his name at the moment) subtle hostility toward Philip. I find it very strange that Philip finds it necessary to ask permission to take leave for a few days, and the King's response that he may take no other leaves until the business is wrapped up. That, to me seems like a bit of misplaced authority and subtle hostility (and this is not a criticism on your writing, merely an observation of character). He actually seems to be treating Philip as a boy at times, rather than a respectable diplomat. This is, perhaps, Philip's own fault for failing to present himself without full confidence.

Moving on. I don't recall if I've said this before, but I love your concept of Tollsgiving. Very creative. It is helped, I think, by the fact that this chapter happens to fall in during our own holiday season, mixing with my own euphoria.

It's good to see Lucie's mom again! Wow, it's been so long. Both for the readers and the characters. So does this appearance mean we'll soon tie the story back together with Lucie again? I miss her.

That's about all I have to say. Not really any criticisms this time, just comments and observations. Thank you for continuing to write this!
The Latest Plague chapter 22 . 10/11/2008
wow. nice story. i like the princes pov... but i miss lucie, to tell the truth. Will there be a part three? will it be Roselle's pov? I hope you update fast. :)
ZealousKnight chapter 22 . 9/13/2008
Yay! Yay, yay, yay!

I'm so glad you're still working on this. Recently, I was actually considering e-mail you to inquire if you'd finish it. Of course I still have nothing to show for myself, due to my inability to stick with any of my projects, but I'll get there. Inspiration is stirring in my head again of late.

But enough about me. I really ought to go back and re-read this story, as it's difficult to remember the details after such a long while, but it is no less enjoyable.

One thing I would consider revising is the scene of the meeting near the beginning of this chapter in which Philip proposes peace and open trade. By all appearances the convening nobles greet one another, listen to Philip's brief proposal, mutter among themselves, and depart. Seems a rather short meeting. Unrealistically short. My suggestion is you stick some prose in to give the illusion of more time having passed to give a great sense of realism to it.

I love the dancing. I'm pursuing an education in dance myself and it is of particular interest to me. You have a way of capturing my heart with little details.

One more gripe and I'll finish. As a Prince, Philip comes across as somewhat awkward and untrained in etiquette. I would watch out for this in his minor actions and reactions. With some minor tweaking, this could be eliminated.

I understand, however, that you want to convey the awkwardness of his position as an ambassador to a politically hostile country, and that isn't where my complaint lies. Sometimes he just doesn't come across very princely... I hope that's clear. If not, feel free to question me and I'll try to explain better.

Well that's all for now. The magic music books are a neat idea. It was interesting meeting Adriel's father. I'd forgotten she was noble born.

Definitely a respectable chapter. I look forward to more.
essie chapter 22 . 9/12/2008
yay! i remember lucie and the general plot but a summary would really help!
CerriC chapter 22 . 9/11/2008
I was so excited to see that you've updated! D

Anyways... Bravo on the new chapter! I was delighted to see Philip do so well at the dance. ;) Your writing style has definitely changed - I think it's an improvement, though.

Hopefully we won't have to wait as long for the next one? ;)
Riley Hunter chapter 21 . 3/2/2008
Hey there. I like your story. Excellent job so far. Update when ya can!
artificial destiny chapter 21 . 2/22/2008
i like the twist :)

i miss adriel though. shes such a tragic character. :(

thank you so much for writing this!

-artificial destiny
stupidpenname chapter 21 . 1/4/2008
Wow.

I just finished reading all of this, seeing as I'm at school and all, and I just wanted to say that this is an amazing story, and you are really really talented.

Its fantastic.

Keep up the good work!
Erisah Mae chapter 21 . 9/17/2007
Loving this fresh interpretation- the way you've given your characters such well established personalities is great, and although where this is going is more than apparent, with the fresh love interest for Philip and the fact that no one's really sat down to consider what this whole "true love" thing is all about... but it makes for a great explanation/complication to lead to the traditional 100 years thing...

I thought that some of the teacher characters were a little overdone though- I realise that they were meant to be the enemy for the most part, but a little indication of their motivations might have made them more real. Your "good" characters are for the most part good, but the "evil" ones need some work, although I loved how you turned the "evil fairy" Adriel into an anti-villain.

Nice.

Erisah

p.s. feel free to check out some of my work- comments always appreciated!
Genato chapter 21 . 9/7/2007
please update. i love the fic man. it's full of twists and turns that you ahve to keep on your toes the whole time. although i guessed that adriel will be the evil sorceress thingy after a few chapters after the chapter where it said that her father was a sorcerer and she scored 800 in the raw magic hting.g i also think that you are one hell of a writer and the stuff didn't have a single boring moment.. which is a feat. please update!
499 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »