Reviews for We Used To Run In The Fields
FoxStorm chapter 1 . 1/28/2007
Lovely poem and I know just what you mean. There used to be woods that I spent my time in and they got torn down. It made me sick to my gut to watch that place fall by human hands...Great poem though! I loved it!
Rainbow Stevie chapter 1 . 1/4/2007
Hm, thought provoking. Generic enough so that it can send every reader on their own nostalgia trip back to whatever childhood place they remember, but with tightly crafted lines. I imagine the voice of an older teen/young adult, home from college and hanging out with an old friend from the neighborhood. I like "time ran with us too/And left us with two diverse paths," and I love the last line - the image of the meadows "growing" buildings.
whacked chapter 1 . 2/19/2006
wow. i really love this poem, more so since i have this affinity for pastures and fields, even though i have lived in the suburbs for most of my life, nothing can beat the freedom- to breathe even- in those open spaces. haha. ok i shall stop now. but wow. this poem is amazing. it awakens some strong sense of nostalgia. my favourite line would have to be where you realise that time ran with you too. thats just brilliant. And in response to your review, those last lines of those few stanzas you mentioned were meant to be random, it was sort of the effect i was hoping to achieve. Thank you for that review by the way, it is muchly appreciated. Feel free to check out any of my other poems.
Autumn Dance chapter 1 . 10/1/2005
Hi- was addicted to your other poem so had to read more! I think this is so delicate and crafted...i can picture it. Only thing is there is a confusion by narrative voice eg "While we ran" instances the past, but "The wind blows our hair" instances the present. Maybe you wanted it like that or not i dunno, but it does work well. KW. Immortal x
Airya chapter 1 . 9/25/2005
I like this one :) I mean, most poems nowadays are all the same :depressing. this one has a hint of that, but it's a nice idea, more original than the others. keep up the good work!
Lovejoy chapter 1 . 9/11/2005
The angst of growing up, so painful and flooded with sorrow, many words can be said yet they all relate the same tale! A beautiful poem with just that to it. Keep writing!
really chapter 1 . 9/7/2005
it sounds like a song. pleasant to read aloud.
Willers chapter 1 . 8/31/2005
Aww... I liked that. It reflected the changes of people and society as a whole. Great job!

By the way, the line in my poem you said reminded you of this was actually a reference to the X-Files: Fight the Future where Mulder and Scully ran through the corn field... Hehe.

W
Lowell Boston chapter 1 . 7/31/2005
Excellent theme and poem. This poem especially resonated with me because it is the same theme for an environmental animated film that I have been working on. Thanks for posting.
peekaboobunnyluvr101 chapter 1 . 7/29/2005
"I thought we were the only ones running then But I noticed that time ran with us too..." that was...gosh! I can't put it into words! It's really good! Keep writing!
rocket baby doll chapter 1 . 7/4/2005
i like it, the conversational tone really makes it what it is. My fav lines have to be"The tall grass would bowAs our foot steps would order them to"yummy! I like how it ends, too. At first i thought it was to abrupt, like you didn't develop it enough, but after reading it again, i unno.. it works well. Good job!
laughter at the funeral chapter 1 . 7/1/2005
to some kind of purple...

i just don't think that someone who either doesn't know how to write or doesn't try his hand at writing has the right to harshly criticize a poem of someone else...i can just imagine the quality of the poems that you will make, that is if you have a mind and a heart to use in writing...

truly yours...
Some Kind of Purple chapter 1 . 6/30/2005
I'm sorry, but I just don't like this. It's very general, overused and bland. At times, it sounded more like a regular everyday conversation than a poem, and that is not, in my opinion a good thing.

The 2nd stanza did strike a chord, I'll say that much, but the rest was very black and white.

xx_Some Kind of Purple_xx
poetic abortion chapter 1 . 6/29/2005
very nice and sweetly poetic. beautiful.

* noelle
CarpeDiem28 chapter 1 . 6/29/2005
I like this poem. I like how much emotion you put into it (even though you claim to want to be emotionless)