Reviews for Government Ideal Factory
holocaustpulp chapter 1 . 6/14/2005
Typewriter King: "This is awfully short, yet you managed to contradict yourself.I can't tell if you're for or against the currant tax rate, because you expressed countering views."

First of all, this poem has many sarcistic features, those of which you apparently failed to identify. My words "Teach me all the perks of tax / Now I am a bureaucrat" are written in a manner that is meant to denounce such a system (i.e., the bourgeois bureaucracy - if you could not infer this from the title, from the whole poem and individual statements); "The tax cuts, are go / To further entrench the poor" clearly indicates that I am against the Bushite and general rightist tax "reforms" because they magnify class gaps and only aid the rich.

"Giving people back their own money (tax relief) doesn't cease upward mobility! Even the limbic mind of an alligator can understand that more is better."

This is a terrible argument. While you argue common sense, you neglect to delve into the nitty-gritty details of "tax relief" (a false statement) - while indeed such "relief" props up the rich with much money, it forces the middle- and lower-class to regress (ceases upward mobility).

"And most people work in the private sector, far removed from some 'ideal government factory.'"

"Government Ideal Facotry" refers to America as a whole (note my summary: "I get the sense that those in the US are pre-packaged, directed, and thus government factory goons.") Besides, the Pentagon, the White House, government-employees are all willing to make concessions to the private sector as long as they are buddies or present some contracting deal.

"If you want to stop people from being indoctrinated by the government, you'd have to shut down state-subsidized education. I'm all for that, but it'll probably never happen."

That's not entirely true - the best way is definitely to rid of the government altogether. Anticipating that this probably wont happen soon, and that public schooling is a much better method of teaching (in terms of availability) than private schools, we must focus on reforms. This means pushing such cases as Newdow's attempt to abolish "Under God" from the Pledge and making the learning cerriculum more reliable (e.g., not letting the religious poison it!).

"You'd have to hand parents a cheque and a choice of schools- including church-run programs. You boxed yourself in. Pity."

This conclusion is so outlandish I feel I cannot address, but I hope you've obtained your answer above.

I have not boxed myself in at all. I am aware of present conditions and how my personal solutions relate to the status quo.

- Holocaustpulp
Typewriter King chapter 1 . 6/14/2005
Poetry seems to stem from the limbic system these days...

And most people work in the private sector, far removed from some “ideal government factory.”

School vouchers would be the way to go, but you cut off the solution to your own problem!