Reviews for The Woods are Lovely, Dark, and Deep
Coda Lovelance chapter 1 . 2/4/2007
This story is amazing! I don't know how you manage to pack so much thrill/suspense/horror into such a small work. Great job! I love the chant/phrase "“ Shadows, shadows, everywhere. Shadows floating in the air… Watch your step or you might fall, they want to watch you crawl… burning eyes, watching you, driving through you like a screw… The blessed hand can’t help your fate, don’t try to run , its far too late.”" It's so creey and totally adds to the tone/atmosphere of the piece.

I like how you end the story, as well, but you could also end it right after "None of them ever did" to keep the reader focused more intently on the piece for longer. (This is just a suggetion, you by no means have to follow it- your story is great already!) Though repeating the chant/phrase is ery, there's something about the imagination and it's capatcities... (maybe, if you want to include that Sarah thinks she heard it, you can add some sort of descriptive word the first time it's mentioned?)

In any case, grerat piece, keep writing!
cuddle pup chapter 1 . 10/27/2005
O-o-o-o-h! Creepy! But in a delightful way! -K

P.S. You may like another of my stories, Death Lies Waiting. Or Not. anyway, Thanks for the review of letter to a terrorist. P.P.S. I just recently Graduated from UNA. I'm an RN, And some of my favorite people are Firefighters and Policemen. In my line of work, I work very closely with them and hold them in the greatest respect.-K
PerpetualBliss44 chapter 1 . 6/11/2005