Reviews for On Coffee
Ad Hector chapter 1 . 3/29/2006
this just made me smile after reading it. it's just beautiful. will be reading more of your works soon.
the reign chapter 1 . 3/28/2006
coffee? mine is thunder... embarassed as it may make me to admit it, I'm still afraid of thunder. And when it rains late at night, I wake up still half expecting that someone I had to be holding me... I don't know I'm just as guilty as you are - I stay up to listen to the thunder sometimes too...
Beryana chapter 1 . 3/28/2006
This was really good! Amazingly done. :)
BetterOffAsLovers chapter 1 . 3/16/2006
Wow. This is really good. I liked the last line about sitting up late at night and drinking the cups of coffee just to remember. This is the kind of stuff that get's published. Really. Good job.
Zannah Jacobs chapter 1 . 3/11/2006
This is a wonderful piece, succinctly written and thoughtful. The narrator reveals so much about himself in the way he relates events, not just explaining himself but in the way he links feelings and actions. Wonderful details, from the coffee cup to the odd habit of hiding his smoking habit.

There was a small part in the middle where I got lost. I wasn't sure if the narrator was dating a new girl or if Katchen was-maybe they both were? But other than that, a smooth read that just begs to be savoured to the very end (like a good cup of finely-brewed coffee, har har!)
hey maria chapter 1 . 1/1/2006
This is phenomenal even though I don't like coffee.
Megan Maydell chapter 1 . 12/22/2005
Is "Damn!" acceptable feedback?Your writing, besides being unbelievable for someone of your age, also has a very practical quality to it that I strive for in my writing. Every word is placed there for a reason as opposed to just filling up space with flowery nonsense. I'm jealous.
Love Over Gold chapter 1 . 11/10/2005
I really liked this story, especially the ending. It's good to find a story that feels more real than the traditional, happy-ending type. The relationship between the two is also very realistic. A few things I didn't like were just the fact that a few times I felt myself drifting away from the story. I wasn't all there the whole time because at certain parts I just lost interest...then the interest was gained back again. I caught a few typos but simply reading over a chapter before publishing it will fix that. I really did like this story.- Nanashi Naomi -
les petits bateaux chapter 1 . 10/22/2005
This is quite an interesting read. I love the raw emotions in this and also how you made coffee a part of your conversation, that made you remember her. Good job.
Renzie chapter 1 . 10/22/2005
Wow. I really liked this. Especially how he kept talking about trying to forget. But the truth was, he drank coffee just to remember. I love the irony :) 3 Great job with this.
SKATENaked-BlindReaper chapter 1 . 7/16/2005
Interesing and really well written. I liked it. And the coffee was a great symbol.
nynaeve77 chapter 1 . 7/16/2005
This story is a beautiful example of how evocative a short piece of fiction can be! I love the melancholy feel of it. Love really can be such a sad, painful emotion sometimes, and you've captured that regretful, reminiscing feeling of a love affair that didn't end well.

The title, by the way, is genius...it's what drew me in (I'm such a coffee freak!)
vintagewhitegloves chapter 1 . 7/15/2005
Oh, adore this as well. I shall venture back for more on another day. I especially loved the last line. Wonderful.
Crizel chapter 1 . 6/16/2005
beautiful.i like how they don't want to forget.
nevergoesout chapter 1 . 6/15/2005
daddy, thought about doing something different. like sending a review.

all i have to say is that...

i didn't expect things to be so similar.