Reviews for Summer Stagnancy
fantomoftheopera chapter 1 . 1/3/2006
nice, the way you spaced out the words seemed weird at first, but after I read it again, I found that it adds emphasis to what you're trying to describe
Elliptical Shapes chapter 1 . 11/6/2005
You know, i'm glad i clicked on your name; you have something i consider extremely rare on this site, the use of good english.

Its fantastic, i know of only a few authors on here who can actually spell and use words in their correct places and you are a new addition to my list, for this reason i am forced to add you to my favourites list, a coveted spot to be sure!

By the way, i didn't like the way you spaced out some of the words, maybe you think it adds a certain nuance to your writing, personally, i don't, i think it detracts from it, if only marginally.

Excellent imagery.

Alan.
Moonjava chapter 1 . 8/18/2005
This one is all so really good. It flows very well.
GypsyMothra chapter 1 . 8/16/2005
I like this one a lot. Love the last line. Beautiful word choice. I love your non-rhyming ones. I always liked those kind better.
evm chapter 1 . 7/22/2005
Lord, this is beautiful. You've caught the summer in just 9 lines, and now these momments truly are eternal. 'That bleed nectar like the summer drips languor' is what I like best. Love.
in theory chapter 1 . 7/14/2005
Stunning, especially the last line. The fact that this doesn't rhyme actually makes it better, it seems to read more fluidly. So beautiful, absolutely. I like the spaces between letters on 'comatose' and 'eternal,' effectively done. Really great poem.
Oath chapter 1 . 7/4/2005
reminds me vaguely of afi's "untitled" just for the vocabulary and the literary phrases. Beautiful and bittersweet.
April Hammer chapter 1 . 6/29/2005
Hehe, that's exactly how summer smells, too! Someone sees it how I do! Yay! *golden star* But I like how it's so free and non-rhyming. It flows nicely!
ambiguityy chapter 1 . 6/17/2005
the poem had a really slow, languid feel to it.. nice change from all the angsty poems you see around . Beautiful.
Nobody-n-Particular chapter 1 . 6/16/2005
I love the languid feel of the poem, how wonderful. Slow and peaceful, I am at ease.
Leta Lynn chapter 1 . 6/15/2005
I really like this. I particularly like the mixed connotations-bleeding, oppressive, etc all juxtaposed against flowers and baseball games. Very interesting-an appealing blend.
colorguardgeek chapter 1 . 6/15/2005