Reviews for The Operatic Voice
GetBehindMeSatan chapter 1 . 1/25/2006
We! Finally I find someone who can state a point without totally ignoring the OTHER facts and/or points in the issue that's at hand!

I agree with you, on most levels (It's too late at night to delve deeper into your wonderful writing. As I have to add stuff to Love's Lament and do my homework at the same time, I won't go off in one of my (in)famous rants. Gods, people say I could talk for Scotland. ;) )

Anyway, as you know, I play the violin, so I agree with you on the hip-hop taking top rank.

Thanks for the review, and expect more reviews form me, cause your writing's beautiful ( I need to read all of your stuff someday, I really do :) )

As always, brilliant writing, and you state the point perfectly (I tend to drabble alot ::grins::)

Channa(Your going on my fave Authors List :D)
maxnotevoltage chapter 1 . 12/28/2005
This is very well-reasoned, and I completely agree with you. That "operatic sound," with the vibrato and all that goes with it, is achieved by a delicate balance of breathing and support. And, you're right - it IS the most natural form of singing. It's the only form that lasts; the other forms tend to destroy the vocal chords somewhere along the line...

Wow. Sorry for rambling there! I guess I'm slightly passionate about singing...

Anyway, I love how you presented this argument. I'll have to show it to my brother - maybe, then, he'll change his mind. Excellent work, and write on! -
Count of Casualty chapter 1 . 8/24/2005
Wonderful work! This was really good! I couldn't agree with you more, at least about the orchestras. It does seem like too many things have become "fake" and "impure." Geez, I'm only 16 and I wonder what happened to the good ol' days...
Clodhopper chapter 1 . 8/24/2005
It took me a while to find something other than a poem that Mack hasn't already reviewed...

Okay, I thought this was very, VERY well done. You definitely know what you're talking about, which is nice. All too often I've seen essays being written when the author has no clue what they're saying and didn't bother to research the topic. You presented a beautiful essay, and I praise you for a job very well done.

Ty
Rose of Ivory chapter 1 . 7/28/2005
I agree with your points about the classical way of singing being the most natural. In addition to amplifiers, pop musicians use autotune programs to fix their voices in key, which, once you know what to listen for, is obvious on many radio songs. You are not alone in feeling society scorns the natural. I wish more people would use the knowledge and technology available to us to enhance, rather than replace, our natural talents.
TragicKitty chapter 1 . 6/16/2005
Wonderful veiws on the subject.I completely agree with you on most of your points. What we considor natural isn't completely natural anymore,not usually at least.