Reviews for My Mathematical Mind
Incurable Adoration chapter 1 . 5/8/2008
I've gotta say I didn't expect it to end the way it did.

I like the dialogue, and Nathan's unique perspective. I like him!

And every male character, in my opinion, is believable, and masculine, and brave. Sure, Nathan's now sexually confused and nervous, but...he's a teenage kid! He still is intelligent, somewhat self-aware, sarcastic, and observant.

Good job! I was intrigued all the way through.
SoulLunair chapter 1 . 4/12/2008
lols this was really funny I really like the way you made him think
blackberrydream chapter 1 . 4/6/2008
That was a great story! Very funny, very entertaining. The writting was witty and cute and I was chuckling through the whole thing. I love the line, "Trig made me gay" that was epic! esp since geometry made me gay... is there some kind of connection between math and homosexuality? Kidding, but really, great story and thank you for not ending with a cliche "I love you" "I love you too" make out scene.

-blackberrydream
The Breakdancing Ninja chapter 1 . 4/2/2008
That was an excellent read full of nuance and humor. I snorted like every 5 seconds. The narrative style is quirky and detailed and awesome. Someone recommended this to me. It's great. I don't know about you but Walt Whitman is a total fucking badass and every time I read "As Adam Early in the Morning", as short as that shit is, I double-take every time at the nakedness and confrontational nature of it. But yeah all the gay undertones in his work didn't really hit me until someone pointed it out that Walt Whitman might have been gay. I just saw him as an extremely liberal heterosexual.

I like when work uses the word "creepy" in that modern sense. I found the subtle exploration/curiosity of homosexuality in this piece extremely riveting. More riveting than slash makeouts at parties and all that other FP bullshit.

Thanks for the awesome read.
M. Massacre chapter 1 . 2/26/2008
If I was one to use MSN-words in a story review, I would say "lmfao" right now, but I:m not, so I'l just say that was freakin' amazing.
Isidris Gry chapter 1 . 2/18/2008
This was really funny, I particularly like this bit:

My study in art and geometry turns around. “Can I borrow a pencil?” he asks. He’s staring at me, right in the eyes, and it’s unsettling. I only do that when I think someone is lying. Does he think I’m going to be all, “No, I don’t have one,” and he can expose me?

lol it's such a warped thought, same with many of the other things he says. I just wish you could go into more detail about their future relationship.
paputsza chapter 1 . 2/4/2008
...moan! _-_ hawh. W.a.f.f. all the way man. l337.
a-kamari chapter 1 . 2/2/2008
Lol. Cute xD
nonaccount chapter 1 . 11/14/2007
What are you talking about, "This story is bad." Are you crazy? This story is va-va-voom la-la-lovely! I love it! And I LOVE this, "yo hablo espanol real good," hillarious! Oh my god, "When we learn Trig, the terrosists win," so funny because it's true!

This story is hillariously awesome! The only downside is, that it's not long enough. :)
Pearlita chapter 1 . 11/4/2007
Cute.
Cealex chapter 1 . 11/4/2007
LOL I didn't even know this story was slash until... well until I finished the entire story. I found it on some m/f person's fav list and I was like, okay I'll read this. And then I got totally confused because I was trying to see the m/f in your story, but all I could see was m/m and I loved that and yeah. Happiness Your story was hilarious and oh so good. hehe.
LiMay chapter 1 . 11/2/2007
haha good story!

hilarious and adorable!

just finding out he's a gay wow.

anyway GOOD JOB!

a definite fav!
A Perfect Sonnet chapter 1 . 10/21/2007
Oh. My. Damn. This was ! Seriously though. This is the best thing I've read in a longlong time. I can't even begin to explain my opinions on the matter with specifics as this goodness has melted my brain into vague stupidity. But it's okay. I like it. Not as much as I liked (loved!) this, however! As proof, I'm going to go read literally everything you've written now...

(P.S.- Can you say favorites list five times fast?)
Some Stranger chapter 1 . 9/8/2007
I loved this story. Usually people can't write slash stories without turning them into crap, but this was very well executed.

The narrator made me laugh out loud multiple times, which was a major plus. Everything in the story is just so...casual. It flows well and it's not all dramatic or heavy. I love how you just keep it light.

[I take the pen from Andy’s desk because he is sleeping and it was probably mine at some point anyway. Under my killer opening line I write, “Trigonometry has made me gay.”

Terrorism and faggotry go hand in hand.] This was hilarious and also very concidental, because I think my trig teacher might be gay.

Nathan had me laughing pretty much all the way through. Beginning to end. He's so freaking awesome.

I mean, this was just a fantastic opener:

[And, my god, who just bursts in on someone like that. I could’ve been masturbating.]

Overall it was just an amazing story. I enjoyed it throughly :)

Bravo, Shampoo Suicide. Bravo.
Santorini chapter 1 . 6/10/2007