Reviews for My Mathematical Mind
skywriter-x chapter 1 . 5/19/2006
ok, i read this ages ago and reviewed then, but i just read it again, and i ADORE this story! you probably think i'm really wierd now, but i really love it, and i think you shoudl be really proud of it! )

JB
tawnyfawn chapter 1 . 5/16/2006
You are my new hero. Seriously. This story was a) awesome, and b) ... well, I think awesome pretty much covers it. But you know... things sound better if there's an a) AND b). Anyway... ;

So like I was saying: I love everything about this, and the humour! I'm a big fan of it. P Plus, you actually write humour really well, which is refreshing (not that there's a lot of people who don't (neccessarily), but whatever). I would point out all the examples of humour that was especially effective, except that a) then I would be re-posting the entire thing and b) people really hate it when I do that. As much fun as *I* have, it's not a particularly constructive review. (But see what I mean about a) and b) sounding much better than just saying one thing! P)

And, I give you kudos on writing a kind of long short story... And one that actually has a plot! Not only do my short stories barely go past one character (ever) but I have issues with plot, so give yourself a pat on the back for managing to weave together a whole bunch of characters and telling a story. Which doesn't *sound* like a compliment (in fact, say it with a sarcastic voice and it's an insult) but it really is. Honestly. ;

Anyway, where I'm trying to get with all this sounds-like-insulting complimenting and rambling, is that this rocks. I would even give you a high five, except or the whole "internet" thing.

So in short (maybe I should have done this originally): 1. Humour equals good. 2. Many characters equals good. 3. Giving the story a plot equals good.

AND the fact that the characters and the plot were awesome helped as well. I liked it all. )
dreamshell chapter 1 . 5/7/2006
hey, this was a fun read. the narrator has a great sense of humor and the way the story was written was pretty much flawless in tone and pacing. also, it was a pretty unique idea.
Le Petit Mort chapter 1 . 4/22/2006
i really liked this piece. i think you work well with first person pov.
skywriter-x chapter 1 . 4/3/2006
i am in love. with your writing style. seriously, i haven't read anything as good as this for ages. this is excellent (and sad, because i am currently inlove with a gay guy and its breakign ym heart )) but awesome nonetheless. you rock
Miz Em chapter 1 . 4/2/2006
Kya! I love Nathan, he has this bluntness that kills me. I like that way it's played out, simple but meaningful at the sametime. Like, how he doesn't make a big deal out of the fact that he's gay. Cool beans. -
Fancy chapter 1 . 12/14/2005
I really enjoyed the humor in this (it was... a good break from reading a couple of your other stories, which are somewhat dark). Actually, I read it out loud to my roommate and she appreciated it, as well. ) It DOES feel somewhat like a rough draft, though, I have to admit-could be more fleshed out, and the beginning few paragraphs don't quite seem to match the rest of the story to me. Nonetheless, the speaker's personality is great. Let's see... Since I'm lazy, I'm going to do one GINORMOUS review right here. Which is actually going to be relatively simple. I also read, "College Material," "This isn't about Rape and Murder," "This Won't Mean a Thing Come Tomorrow," "You're Too Wonderful to Die," and "Maybe I should Hate you for This." ...And they were ALL amazing. I don't really even know what else to say. Your characters all seem so real (with the possible exception of Andrea from "This isn't..." who seems more force of nature than person). I've never experienced any of these situations, myself (mm, well, maybe one), but... I don't know. I don't know. I'm too impressed to come up with anything coherent. And I think that's a good thing.
Empty Jigsaw chapter 1 . 11/24/2005
Read it, loved it, to put it simply. I loved the humour in this, the quirky thoughts that are so human, but never mentioned 'cause they make you seem mad, like making a triangle out of someone's freckles in Maths or whatever. I especially loved the line about being married in Massachusetts. Also the narrator's obsession with homosexuality illustrates well his own yeah, and I like the a purely technicasl level, there should be a space in the line "I workin a guitar shop"Yours, Empty Jigsaw
teenageangstisold chapter 1 . 10/8/2005
i love it, stop it you're wonderful
The Watched chapter 1 . 9/21/2005
That was just..brilliant. There are no words, mostly 'cause you took all the best ones.

So yeah, that was absolutely great...
chicanerysmile chapter 1 . 8/23/2005
Ha, what a great start. Seriously hilarious. I loved it; update soon. I can't wait to see what happens. B.
Kira of Hecale chapter 1 . 8/15/2005
This is so fucking hilarious. And honest.

Also, congratulations. You're the only person on the internet who can write realistic (but funny) dialogue.
Keeper of the Bells chapter 1 . 8/5/2005
Oh! This is wonderful, please continue!
Eccentrically-Yours chapter 1 . 7/11/2005
to put it simply, i loved it.
the ultraviolent chapter 1 . 7/2/2005
blood brothers fan? i love writing is amazing.i like the reality perspective it subtle pimping worked. :)
83 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 Next »