Reviews for I am the Martyr
Nervous Neuron chapter 1 . 6/13/2006
I
MrFlames chapter 1 . 6/20/2005
"Spiders, heights, death, for some little ones, the dark. Just about anything. Myself, I have no fears."

These are called phobias. "Fears" are something else. You're saying you have no phobias, not no fears. I have very little doubt, as well, that if a black widow started crawling up your leg you would be "afraid" even though you have no 'phobia' of spiders (arachnophobia).

"I see kids who are small and not very strong go through their day terrified of some bully who refuses to leave them alone."

Really? Then why the Hell don't you stand up for them?

" Bastards like that thrive on knowing others are afraid of them."

Actually, they thrive on knowing you won't do anything about it other than rant about it in live-journal-esque posts on

"What victims don’t realize is that deep down inside the one they cower before, they themselves are cowering against something much more."

What "victims" don't realize?

"They go looking for a fight with someone weaker then them just so they can feel big and proud; inside they are holding a grudge against someone or something, in an area that everyday they fight a loosing battle."

Have you ever been a bully? Then how would you know what it is like to be one?

"I’m not trying to ward off every pig headed jerk out there. I just feel it’s right to stand up for someone when no one else will. Show them it’s okay to fight back with your voice."

Uh huh. Yeah. Sure, I believe you. Really, I do. By 'your voice' you mean this rant, don't you?

Max, why do you have a "feeling" she's talking out of her ass? I don't see why feelings should be involved in what most would consider to be "the truth".
Hikari chapter 1 . 6/19/2005
I think what you have posted here is very true, and it's great to have someone discuss this even though many would be shy to do so. But sometimes fear can actually save someone...heh although I'd say it's usually the other way around ;)
Formerly chapter 1 . 6/18/2005
You know, somehow I think you're talking out your ass.
ElectricShadow chapter 1 . 6/18/2005
Perfect! This writing on what you believe in completely goes with my beliefs so of course I really like this writing.