Reviews for The Visitor
simpletonsgrin chapter 1 . 10/21/2005
Incredible-like a beatiful, terrible dream. The girl seemed to me like a silent siren, and he seemed lost and found and together it was perfect.

I'm sorry if this is all incomprehensible, but you're right: it is one of your best works.

Keep it up.

-simpleton
Edwit chapter 1 . 8/16/2005
Again, great writing. Being able to write poetry has made your writing seem more talented when really it's just the poetry shining through the story, threading with the words. This is what writing is all about. You have a wonderful vision of words and the uses for them. Use it... to make money.

-Robin
bjw chapter 1 . 8/9/2005
Hey.. THANKS SO MUCH for all your reviews! You made me so happy!:D Anyway, back to you..

This is so heart-rending! I love the supernatural, whimsical feeling you've suffused this with. It's a magical piece of writing.. this little scene here is just complete in itself and very beautiful to read. I love the part about her heart - that's an idea I've never come across before.. the way you described it - "fragile creature trembling in the cage of his fingers" - is simply exquisite. I'm awed...

Yes I agree with your other reviewers - the ending is unclear, yet you just somehow know that something powerful and breathtaking is happening. Lovely concept! But haha sorry for rambling so much.
emmathree chapter 1 . 8/3/2005
I love this story. She has a strange quality about her.. Fae or Alien? It's hard to tell if she's really there or if he's crazy.. if he dies, or they find her body and think it's him? It's open ended, but it works. Few writers pull off open endings well... like that Lion or the Woman story that we read in 8th grade. Do you remember that? AHHit still bothers me when I try to sleep and I'm like "DAMNIT WHICH CAME OUT OF THE DOOR"

Anyway, back to your story. Amazing work, I love it :)
quiet-zone chapter 1 . 6/21/2005
Okay Anna... You are definately going to be killed by a jealous girl soon. That, or I'm going to switch our Earth Science tests so you fail and I don't! That would be surprising... (Mind: not if you just told her!) Oh. Right. Anyway, very beautiful and haunting, just like everything you do
glass-butterflies chapter 1 . 6/19/2005
This is amazing. At parts it was confusing from which perspective the story was coming from, but that made it even better. Once you understand that it's a supernatural experience the parts that you can't quite put your finger on become clear without being able to understand them. I don't really know what I'm getting at here, but all you need to know is that it's lovely and powerful and you should do more short stories. Much love.

Maya
soi.deliciosa chapter 1 . 6/18/2005
Wow. breathtaking. great job.