Reviews for cardiac arrest without the heart
rage of aquarius chapter 1 . 8/8/2006
This rather sounds like a Garbage song (and to me that is a huge compliment). I can almost hear the musical accompaniment in my head. My favorite lines are: "i swear that your heart has/grown/roots/()" because isn't it so true?; "sometimes i think you're gonna/be the next zombie who runs/on decay & lust alone" because it just sounds positively classic, and not to mention it somehow fits, undying heart wanting attachment and living on it; and "mother always said that i latched onto people's hearts, but i was the only one to take that statement literally." You get clues, I think, but that last line brings it home. I'm pondering the deeper meanings of a heart kept by a potential former lover for their dearly deceased, and the valentine-y connotations of chocolates and alcohol sitting around... Oh, yeah, definitely my favorite of yours thus far.
Dystorque chapter 1 . 6/29/2005
This is a beautiful combination - the literal scenario (rum and chocolate in the kitchen) is just perfect with a metaphor of a living heart. I like your style also; it remains me somewhat of e.e. cummings, who I crazily admire!
lovelikeamixtape chapter 1 . 6/27/2005
i love this line: "i swear that your heart has grown roots ()" that's just plain brilliant. i love your style.
evm chapter 1 . 6/26/2005
I don't know how to make sense of it; except that I like it. '(the word on the street is: -hauntings scare me)' and 'i'll bury your heart at your grave & then you won't have a reason for eating my flesh' are the best. I love the personal interjections and the altogether haunting feel.
GypsyMothra chapter 1 . 6/22/2005
OK, so after reading that first poem I did of yours, I decided to check out the rest of your work. I love your style (yes I know this is only the second poem I've read) I'm gonna read every one now! (Wow, how's that for promises?) :) Looks like I've got something to do now! This one was great too. Again, I love the physical structure.
Parabolic Logic chapter 1 . 6/22/2005
style. Reads like a semi-sane Cummings.
and flowers chapter 1 . 6/20/2005
i disagree entirely with your thoughts on it. the ending is especially wonderful.
AboveTheSalt chapter 1 . 6/19/2005
This is quite shocking. Grotesque and perverse are the words that come to mind upon reading this and visualizing a heart and its parts trying desperately to survive on their own. It's utterly sickening, and I love it. I also like how you tied in the rum and chocolates at the end. Could definitely have some deeper meaning, but I'm satisfied to take this one at face value and bask in the gruesomeness. Killer.

fragglerock chapter 1 . 6/19/2005
Absolutely LOVED this poem. Awesome job, smile persephone!
B. M. Reed chapter 1 . 6/19/2005
Wow...this is extremely powerful. It's like you loved them so much and they hurt you horribly. I know the feeling. Nice job.
lackluster chapter 1 . 6/19/2005
it's like a mini-story in the poem! it's adorable in its own freaky way!
Nobody-n-Particular chapter 1 . 6/19/2005
Fascinating images that dance across the mind's eye, so tasteful, intoxicates the senses. Lovely.
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 6/19/2005