Reviews for The Journey Home
Lady Isaiah chapter 1 . 9/19/2005
To tell you the truth, your summary doesn't do your first chapter justice. And that's what caused me to be quite reluctant to read this. Although very good for the time being.
anonymous-abc chapter 8 . 8/4/2005
Cool idea. I love how you adapted the Greek Version of Oddysey to the Chinese. The storyline is similar but enough is added and changed so it's not like reading a story over again. I actually don't know if any of the gods are actually part of a religion (buddhism? Hinduism?) being an atheist so I'm not huge of stories involving gods but still this was a good read. I just love the way you write actually. So in depth in describing the eternal and external stuggles.

This was short a sweet, just perfect. Enough action, enough emotion and it didn't drag on forever like the Odyssey(I found the Odyseey a bit boring..)Is writing a maybe major for you? well you're good enough to tackle that ambition. For me, it's more of a hobby.

Keep writing!
stephanie chapter 1 . 7/28/2005
it waz ok

waz this suppos story?
har chapter 2 . 7/25/2005
very nice

dont really like this sort of genrecause the translations...i find the names are rather bad, and the phrases typically used to make it good if translated look and sound really bad.

but thats just me,

great story malke a great write, i would add some more details about the people, like the suffering, the triumphs...story format like this-odsy stuff, it works, but other ones...
kerri Blumer chapter 8 . 7/25/2005
hey annie!wow i havent talked to you in a while, and i havent seen you in forever, either! not since 7th grade!(sniff) this is an amazing story and the diction is beautiful! you have a wonderful talent that has the potential to go somewhere. keep writing!-kerri

ps. ive been writing too, maybe i should post here. its like 80 pages typed and no where near done. i could send it to you, if you'd like.
Shorty196 chapter 8 . 7/21/2005
o chinese...lol. interesting story. anyways. if you're writing some other story, keep up to good work!" Baka Tora - Kyo
Natalie chapter 1 . 7/19/2005
Ya, sry Annie, I'm not gonna read it all. Since I've already read parts of it multiple times! But we all know that it is wonderful as all of your work is. So go Annie! Keep up the novel, I want to read it some day!
Muted Dragon chapter 7 . 7/15/2005
Slightly confusing at end. Holding off for a sequel? More to come?
Muted Dragon chapter 4 . 7/15/2005
Just little bothersome things, ‘an alter’ ‘an altar’; ‘take you honored’ ‘take your honored’; ‘Bt this time’ ‘By this time’. Feel free to delete this review should you correct these small typoes. By the way, excellent character profiles.
Muted Dragon chapter 3 . 7/15/2005
You retell the story of the Odyssey marvelously, adapting it to China and its culture seamlessly. Slightly disappointed at the Earth God for wiping out Yulin *pouts*
Muted Dragon chapter 2 . 7/15/2005
great vocabulary and imagery. Because I’m too American, I don’t know if your Chinese is correct *ashamed*. But I love the glimpse into the culture. Great fighting techniques. Your work reminds me of the book, “Sign of the Qin” by L.G. Bass.
Muted Dragon chapter 1 . 7/15/2005
At first this was a courtesy call, but seeing that you write in the exact genre I love (fantasy set in China), I decided to leave a comment. Props for the original idea of Odyssey in China. *reads on*
kay chapter 1 . 6/20/2005
this is interstin stuff! keep with it. it was a lil confusin sometimes, but i promise to come back and finish it- really!