Reviews for The Promotion
leavesfallingup chapter 4 . 2/16
Oh yeah... one small issue... nothing important, mind you, just a little thing... miniscule, really... I might have inadvertantly... not intentionally mind you... but perhaps by accident... let all of my relatives believe that you... hmmm, how should I put this?

Oh well, here it is: My relatives think that they'll be meeting my fiance... you... There, you see? Just a minor issue. We should sleep. This a long flight and you'll need your rest.

Hilarious.
Guest chapter 31 . 2/15
Wow. That was intense.
somewherecoldviasocal chapter 31 . 2/15
Holy shit. I was not expecting that. I was expecting something juicy, but the townhouse?! Really? Who does that? And then for Jon to accept it? Ugh. These "men." I was a fan of Wesley (even still) until he opened his mouth this chapter. Now I want Jenna to be on her own and just co-parent. I can't wait for the next chapter (even if it is the last *tear*)! Thank you for this story! :)
Damned to heaven chapter 31 . 2/15
Hey, nice to see you're back and writing as good as ever. I'm a little lost so I guess I'm going to have to re-read the whole story again but hey it's a win win situation...in that I get to read your work and maybe by then the next chapter will be up. Well, I guess it's just a win win for me though. :)
3H chapter 31 . 2/15
Holy hell! You updated! *uncontrollably smiling* I'm so glad you're continuing!
Screw Jon for taking the trade, I mean I was never a fan of his to begin with. He always seemed in competition with Wesley for the hell of it. It didn't matter if the toy Wes had, was dug out of the dumpster. If Wes has it, Jon wants it. It says a lot about his character. Then again what Wesley did wasn't any better. Though, he had the best of intentions. He wanted all the bullshit he caused to disappear. Maybe now he understands that trading that townhouse won't make the bad things go away. Yes he traded his access to Kim and all the horrible memories for a second chance but nothing gets fixed if you don't face your mistakes/problems. Glad Wes finally acknowledged the way he withdrawn from her though. I WILL SAY...I'm going to be totally crushed if she ends up with neither Carter men. She'll probably go back to living in her apartment, get a new job and live simply with Anya. Which is fine, but I'm hoping Wesley takes her advice; sells the oversized house, sells the business and gets his own small apartment. All while still being a great father, and wooing her the normal way. (BUT REALLY THEY SHOULD JUST BANG) Alright ,I can't wait for the update!
pingpurwanto chapter 30 . 12/29/2013
Hello! I'm new reader here and just accidentally found out your story about Aaron and Julie. I'm really amazed by your writing skill. Why don't you just write it as a book? I'm pretty sure that many people will love your story. The characters are simply real and alive, and I finished them in two days. And then I was getting more curious. I decided to read another piece of yours.
The thing is, I picked this one which is not done yet. Feels like dying right here right now, waiting for an update, especially after checking and found out that you updated nearly three years ago /(TT A TT)\.
Anyway, I'm still happy to be able to found this story. Just praying silently for the next update (hopefully the last chapter, so I don't have to wonder again *hehe*).
So I guess that's all. Keep being awesome! :)
burn321 chapter 30 . 12/11/2013
AH! Where's the rest of it?! Why haven't you updated? What are you doing? It's been nearly two years. Are you coming back to this magnificent story?

Okay despite my freaking out over here I want to talk about how much I love love love your story. Jenna is a believable, confused character, roped into a completely dramatic and ridiculous string of events that would screw up anyone's heart stings and I love her. She's different from me in a lot of ways (I'm much more like Julie) so it was hard for me and her to connect at first, but slowly I've fallen in love. Between her constant second guessing, her always believing that she's being double crossed, you can really see that Trevor, even though isn't present, obviously was, and had left an emotional scare. Jenna never at any point trusts anyone, and in the end opted to just take her heart out of the picture, and substitute her daughter instead. As any real mother would.

Wesley started off sexy, and caring, and attentive and present. I mean he was always around, always with her, literally leaning over her shoulder sometimes. I like how it went to spending every second together to her never seeing him. The drastic change of an almost overbearing Wesley, to a ghost of one really struck me at interesting while reading. It also pissed me off. A lot. Also I am obligated to tell you that I absolutely hate that she isn't working. I mean I love the idea that she's running the donation station but I think their whole relationship worked a million times better when she worked with him. When they got that undivided time, that intimacy of having only each other. I think it helped them a lot, and since she stopped working the romance between them has seemed to die. Jenna doesn't like being taken care of, she makes that very clear, so I think she should fight for more responsibility. Which I know is hard with Anya on her way and all, but I just never saw, not ever ever, that Jenna would be a stay at home mom. Of course I don't much like the idea of "Abby the Nanny" raising her either, so I guess I'm just too picky. I want Jenna to work full time but still raise Anya. See? Too picky.

Towards the end there I was really thinking that Jenna was going to choose to be single. I thought she was going to drop dating both of them but still get Anya. I honestly think that's what I'd have done. I'd have told both of them to fuck off, taken my little Ukrainian child and gone home, but I'm crazy so oh well.

Jon, I must say made a B line to the center of my heart. He is not only funny, sexy, and cocky (My three favorite things in a fictional character) but he always cared about Jenna, his gifts always seem to mean more, and you always knew he WANTED Jenna. That serious physical attraction was always evident. There was never a moment between them that I doubted Jon wouldn't have ripped her clothes off mid sentence. I understand why Jenna chose Wesley, and I agree with her choice in putting Anya first. I am glad her mother is yelling at her though, about how she needs to pick who she LOVES not who's just responsible. After all, while in real life, I definitely agree that reality is nothing like the movies, but this is a fictional (Realistic fiction, but still fiction) novel, and people read novels to watch it come to a happy ending. To get that scene where Jenna races to the airport, tracks down Jon's flight, rips her way through the people, goes and finds Jon, arrives in his office, slams the wood door behind her and takes off the coat he bought her, while she wore nothing underneath revealing she's flown all the way from the U.S to tell him that she loves him and then the steamy sex scene. That's what we live for! It's nice to live in that fantasy land, even if only for a little bit. Anyway back on track.

Anya was never not making me want to cry, between how amazing she was first off, to the point where she calls Jenna mom for the first time, I was always smiling as soon as Anya was there. I love that no matter what was happening Anya was Jenna's angel. Always took her mind off things.

Okay I feel like Robin has been her for a huge amount of time more than what was originally said. Wasn't she only expected to be out here for a month? I feel like Jenna needs to move back to her apartment before he plumbing stops working and all her plants die. Knowing that I had an apartment to go to, but not being able to go to it would drive. me. insane! This isn't to say that I don't love Robin. I think she's kick ass, between her language skills, her environmental crazyness, her genius, and lastly the way she forced Jenna to choose between them, ultimately putting her foot down and ending the crazy love triangle.

Speaking of love triangles, I noticed that right away. Jon never said what room she was in, knowing full well she had no way of finding out. Which confuses me, I mean I know Jon liked her, he wanted her, he was obviously hurt when he flew down to see her. There was always something strong between them, something evident. Did Jon give her up? Did he force her to Wesley because he was afraid of not playing to close to the vest anymore? Did he purposely not tell her where he was, just to make her choose Wesley so that he wouldn't get hurt? He wouldn't have done that right? Because I would cry for days. I would cry so hard.

Okay I said earlier I didn't want Abby raising Anya. This isn't because I don't like Abby (Even though that comment about the T.V. show and her liking bad boys made me pretty positive that she's going to fall in love with Jon) but she just kind of irks me. I mean she's just too perfect it seems. Too bubbly, and too sweet and too perfect for Wesley. Which is odd, she says she goes for Jon's type, but between being overly sensitive, afraid of being alone, and wanting 8 children she seems like she'd be better off with a good guy who really definitely cares about her. I don't know though maybe I'm just reading to much into it.

I'm purposefully avoiding talking about George because he bores me, and Marvin isn't nearly important enough. I miss Wesley's family, and his other sister and her kid (Donovin I think?) but I know so little about them. Marie I actually never got attached to. I think she's effing hilarious, and loving and she reminds me of Gilmore Girls but I just couldn't fall for her completely but that has nothing to do with how you wrote her, if she was a best friend I'd have been down but the idea of being friends with your mother just isn't something I personally can relate to for my own personal reasons.

Okay I know this is a long comment, and I hardly covered all the topics in detail I know but instead of choosing to write a comment for every chapter, I just decided to do one super long one on your last updated chapter. Please update again, and finish the beautiful story, I won't be able to rest easy while it's incomplete. However just maybe I'll get back to my story instead of doing nothing but read yours lol whoops .

Please update!

-burn321
carrothead101 chapter 21 . 11/6/2013
I LOVE JON I LOVE THEIR RELATIONSHIP SO FAR I HOPE IT CONTINUES I THINK JON AND JENNA IS A MUCH BETTER MATCH UGH LOVE THEM
spanishangelluv chapter 30 . 9/9/2013
So I just finished reading this and I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope there's going to be another update. I loved the story! I expected it to be like The Proposal (movie), but it was so much better! Team Jon! Please update soon!
spanishangelluv chapter 1 . 9/6/2013
Just by looking at the first chapter I am very intrigued! I love the snappy, sarcastic dialogue, and I can already tell Jenna's "relationship" with Mr. Carter is going to be very interesting...

TalkingFish chapter 30 . 8/24/2013
I love this story! But honestly, I'm leaning towards Jon x Jenna instead of Wesley x Jenna. Anyway, I know it's been a long, long time since you updated, but...I'm really looking forward to the next chapter!
UPDATEUPDATEUPDA chapter 30 . 8/14/2013
I find it utterly heart wrenching that there hasn't been an update 2011. This story NEEDS finishing. I NEED to know what happens next. Too many unanswered questions. Kinda on Team Jon right now. He appears to at least be falling in love with Jenna already, whereas Wesley is open to the idea of falling in love with the mother of his daughter in the future.

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

where are you? This story needs you back. Pronto. Love x
Guest chapter 30 . 7/6/2013
i should say the book was amazing,but hey did u have to make the Jenna/Wesley romance so confusing? Im team Wesley here n i'm sooo in love with Jenna. Can't wait for the next chapters.
JB-LOVER chapter 3 . 5/2/2013
i love ur story!
Guest chapter 30 . 4/29/2013
I realize that 'life' happens, but I sicerely hope that you haven't given up on this story and will update asap. I don't get to read stories this well written on this site. As far as I can tell there have been no grammatical errors and no typos. To be able to just keep reading without having to critique on the way is too enjoyable to do without. I don't know how much of this story you have written, but I do hope that when you get the chance to update again, you'll just post everything you have. Reading a story like this is sooo addictive, and going through withdrawals is a huge pain in the ass! I hope I/we don't have to wait too much longer! Pleeeaaassseee?!
790 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »