Reviews for The Promotion
sophiesing chapter 25 . 11/15/2011
I truly love this story. Though I'm getting rather annoyed with all those mean reviews you're getting! You're the author and you should take this story where you want it to go. I like how your characters have flaws and they're HUMAN. It isn't the typical story that you read on fictionpress where the guy is absolutely perfect and blah blah blah. At the beginning I really liked Wesley and I thought Jon was a real womanizer, but I like how you've twisted it to where Wesley is not perfect and he's actually cheating. I do hope Jenna ends up with Jon, he seems more her type than Wesley.

As for the adoption part, it was a little random, but I definitely see your character's motivation as to why she wants to adopt a child. However, I am personally a single mom, and while I think it's great what she wants to do, timing is VERY important. If you think about it, while Wesley is loaded, she has no independence. Wanting a child for the purpose of not being alone and to take it out of poverty is noble, but it's a huge responsibility. I don't feel as if your character understands that. It's not enough to want to better a child's life, I know first hand how hard it is to be independent while raising a child. It's very hard, and personal relationships are nonexistent. I just wish that Jenna would wait a year or two before adopting because she's only 23. To be tied down with children so young isn't bad, but it does set limits to dating and experiences. I love my daughter, I wouldn't change anything, but I wish I'd been only a couple years older.
Sayuri. J chapter 30 . 11/2/2011
I like this chapter, looks as if Wesley is screwing up :)
Sayuri. J chapter 29 . 11/2/2011
Wesley appears to have gotten better over the last 2 or 3 but I just cannot bring myself to like him. 25 (/-) chapters of prick behaviour has me convinced that he's... well, still a prick. I'm gutted that Jenna picked him. I'm hoping there's more drama with Wesley because I fully expect him to screw up. Again X3. Then maybe Jenna can finally kick his butt to the curb and eat pancakes! Speaking of Jon, I wonder what he lied about because it certainly couldn't have been about Paris with the way he said it!
madkatter chapter 30 . 9/22/2011
Jon - Get off your drunken ass and come back to fight for her!

Wesley - Go and work for the Paris office (and don't rush coming back...ever)
smrae chapter 30 . 9/14/2011
Fantastic story! Stumbled upon it and I'm so happy I did. I love Wesley with Jenna. Did not like Jon at all haha. I'm happy she chose wesley and they will totally fall in love. Please update soon!
silver.trees chapter 30 . 8/27/2011
thanks so much for your comment, sam! lots of my questions brought up here with jenna's mum, marie, the voice of reason. i can only see jon allaying these niggling thoughts though as only HE can answer them. and what did he say to robin i wonder? all or part of the truth? was that jon genuinely drowning his sorrows (he seems so in control but maybe this is an example of showing his feelings?) or a sneaky ploy to set things unravelling...i'm way too suspicious for my own liking! you're driving me crazy with the guessing so update soon,plz ...i kinda value my sanity (what's left of it that is)
SunlitSky chapter 29 . 8/23/2011
Good lord girl, that chapter was long! More to love I guess haha. I don't actually know what I'm going to do with myself when I finish chapter 30- just like Jenna I've been terribly spoiled; I didn't find this story until now, so I've gotten to read 30 chapters straight through. Now I'm going to have to *gasp* wait for the next chapter. Oh the suspense!

I'm interested in where this is going. It make me sad that Jon got booted out, especially after flying half way around the world. Ouch. I don't know about Wesley. I'm still wary and not too thrilled with Jenna's choice- I just feel like Wesley (who I often read as Weasley by the way, which makes it hard for me to take him seriously) is pretty sketchy. I feel like he's going to return to his reticent self. And the love? I don't know, I'm just not feeling it. There's no chemistry between them. They feel like friends not lovers. Sigh...

Great job though. Please, please become a published author. You truly are talented, and I would totally buy your books. )
SunlitSky chapter 23 . 8/23/2011
I cannot even express how much I like this story- it's just insanely fantastic. I love the character dynamics, all their witty retorts, and even their personalities. I've noticed that a lot of your author notes mention that other people think Jenna's a slut- *I* certainly don't.

As far as female leads go, I think she's a pretty likable person, though I'm worried that Wesley is disappointing me. At the beginning when they traded jokes at work and she visited his family I LOVED him, but quite frankly I can't stand him any more. Jon just seems so so SO much better- he is apparently the only one with a sense of humor now, he takes the time to appreciate Jenna and give her thoughtful gifts rather than throw money in her direction, actually has fun with her, isn't so intense about kids etc. Ugghh, I hate Wesley now. She really needs to dump him ans live happily ever after with Jon. ...except I don't think that's going to happen, which makes me sad. But, as of right now I am reaaaaallllyyy hoping that she'll end up with Jon. Oh well, guess I'll find out!

Thanks for sharing your story with us. )
DaRoSeOfWaR chapter 30 . 8/6/2011
I love this story so much. I'd honestly hate for it to end, but all good things have to come to an end.

This chapter left me thinking that she is going to choose Jon. I'm really hoping she does. I mean I love Wesley and all, but as the chapters wore on and you found out how shadey he with Kim I have lost some of my love for him. He's a great charater and so is Jon, but Wesley just needs to . . . . put his wallet away. If that makes any sense. Jenna's mother is right; I don't believe Wesley is in love with Jenna. Or Jenna with him.

I could be gravely wrong though.

Please update soon.
Guest chapter 30 . 8/6/2011
Turns out Wesley has done something wrong again. Tsk. I'm currently thinking that this story would not end well because of all the situations they are currently in. Well, that would be better than make a very cliche one, wherein they moved on and accepted that she ended up with his cousin or something. I hate your story, because your chapters always left me thinking just like after I finished reading The Hunger Games, and discovered it has a sequel. : So I hope to see the end already and pray that I would not commit suicide before this week ends.
DorkExpress chapter 30 . 8/3/2011
Man... she sounds like she's conforming to Wes... Jon, my poor Jon sounds like he's in emotional pain and left to distract himself.

Poor Jon.

XOXO
There's-A-Star-In-My-Hand chapter 30 . 8/1/2011
something about Wesley is really of...i dont like him!

anyway good chappy :)

i do love your storie x
animegirl214 chapter 30 . 7/31/2011
ahhhh! I thought it'd be Wesley for good now! ... ohhhh no. she's like.. having doubts... (?)

Thanks so much for this story! Hope you update again soon! :D

and ooh-la-la a guy hmmmm? details details! please? ;)
nicole7579 chapter 30 . 7/30/2011
geez can i slap jenna? she's tired of being a yo-yo but i'm sure jon and wesley are tired of being pitted against each other. i've said this before and she needs to be single. jenna cannot handle an adult relationship because she acts like a child. one minute its jon jon jon and the next its wesley wesley wesley. ugh she frustrates me...at this point i wish they would both kick her to the curb because she is so fickle.

anyways i still love your writing and the story, i just want to shake jenna. and while i hope both guys dump her...if she ends up with anyone i hope its wesley.
AS chapter 30 . 7/30/2011