Reviews for Dream
Cheesy Brussle Sprouts chapter 1 . 6/26/2005
fardles that was a good poem! have a nice day!
swaggering curses chapter 1 . 6/21/2005
Aye, like someone above said, ABAB CDCD EFEF GG is the traditional Elizabethan sonnet, in iambic pentameter (ten syllables alternating stress - da DA da DA da DA da DA da DA). If you want to go for more of a challenge, you can try the Italian sonnet, ABBAABBA CDECDE, where it's usually a question/answer type thing. And still in iambic pentameter, because dead people liked iambic pentameter.

But I do like your poem, it's quite prettyful. And kudos for trying different styles of poetry rather than just going with free verse; making yourself follow all those bloody rules and still sound good really teaches you the value of each and every word you use! Nicely done, definitely keep writing. )
McLane chapter 1 . 6/20/2005
THis is pretty good, but no, you don't quite have the right scheme for a sonnet. A sonnet goes, with each letter pair representing a rhyme, ABABCDCDEFEFGG. now you know the future, so keep going with it. Like I said, that's the only thing wrong with this poem.
Nobody-n-Particular chapter 1 . 6/20/2005
Oh! I wrote one, but I cannot remember clearly the formatting. There are two different kinds and that is without the iambic pentameter some enjoy considering. You could take a look at the rhyme scheme for my War is Cancer and see. Or google it. I like this all the same.