Reviews for As the Church Bells Toll
forgottenlife chapter 1 . 2/5/2007
i loved this
Aryanda chapter 1 . 10/3/2006
I think the shift from the first three lines (kinda long) to the rest of them (kinda short) could've been better and more subtle. But besides that, it was great! I loved the imagery and the thought behind it. Keep it up!
justasquirrel chapter 1 . 8/6/2005
wow, this is a great poem. an interesting concept: to give the picture of a hopeless world while keeping a subtle reminder of a dim light-a church bell summoning those who need it most. interesting.

-Madison
Moon-Child76 chapter 1 . 7/21/2005
WOW PANDA WOW! This is incredible. It's dark and depressing and somewhat eary. I know it's not like you but you need to get some sappy happy lovey dovey poems on here so I can go "aw"

~Chelle
daphnegray78 chapter 1 . 7/8/2005
Wow. This is awesome. I like this a lot.

~Daphne~
Brandy Bear chapter 1 . 6/24/2005
Nice poem its cool how you mix the drepressing bad things will the chruch whis is supposed to be holy. really nice job

Brandybear
Rebecca Kelsey chapter 1 . 6/24/2005
beautiful. I think its one of your best.
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 6/23/2005
awesome contrasts... the church bells & the depression other images... nice job
WickedSilence chapter 1 . 6/23/2005
I find your poem intriguing. You dealt wonderfully with the subject, and I think this is a poem which evokes much thought. Keep up the good work.
Cemetary Gates chapter 1 . 6/23/2005
I like this poem. Its interesting... Reminds me of "The Raven" or whatever the title is by E. A. Poe.

The flow is dirupted after the fourth line when it shifts to the repetition of "As the church bells toll."

And... it would read better if that line were repeated every four lines instead of two as to not make it sound repetitive.

BUT... since the flow is meant to go to the tolling of the bells, my suggestion is to make the first "As the church bells toll" be "The church bells toll". Kinda like, an introduction to the rest of the poem - that being the bells are continually tolling after the first toll.

But that's just my opinion... experiment, experiment more, and revise to find your own voice.

Good job on this, and keep writing!
sempre-e-por-sempre chapter 1 . 6/23/2005
i like the imagery...and i love the repitition of "as the church bells toll"...i think it's great! keep writing!
Choke on this chapter 1 . 6/23/2005
i'm actually at a loss for words but... great poem!