Reviews for The Song of the Sea No Repetition
Luthiena o Lorien chapter 1 . 7/1/2005
Okay, Kira, we need to set something straight. I leave the IMAGES for the readers to create. I DO THE WORDS TO GIVE THEM A BASIC PICTURE. MY POETRY IS ABOUT THINKING FOR YOURSELF, NOT ABOUT ME HAVING TO PEN EVERY LITTLE DETAIL INTO A POEM, MAKING IT CRAPPY. Okay, I hope we understand now!
Kira Deleria chapter 1 . 6/30/2005
I liked the beginging's imagry but it took me 2 times over to read it and actually picture it. This is one of your poems where you read over it but the words dont seem to stab or flow into your mind and create anything. WHen you're at the end you have the basic concept but arnt left with any visuals. My only example of what i am speaking of is if you're puttin up cloths on a hanger and then all of the sudden the dress or shirt just slides off and plops onto the ground. Those are your words in my mind. They just slid off back into the world and didnt stick. It would be nice if you could perhapse maybe give a bit more detail on The Song of the Sea. You tell how it moves within her, how it goes into her life but not of the actal song. Just about the Sea Maid. I see how you put it onto the page and it looks quite nice but if you did that on purpose try not to sacrifice look to the poem itself. Lovely effort tho.
LunaMoonyScamp chapter 1 . 6/27/2005
Is that a song that inspired you? I think I'd like to hear it after reading this. :) Do you write poetry often? Argh! -is jealous-

Momenti and Take Luck,-Moony-