Reviews for The Ugly Curse
mizgardenia21 chapter 1 . 5/25/2011
That was a very interesting interpretation on Beauty and the Beast. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
OrientalFlower chapter 1 . 3/16/2007
I LOVE fairy-tale type stories so I really liked this. The names you use are really unusual, I'm a fan of other-worldly names too.

I'm glad you like Nathan :)
Ollie May chapter 1 . 11/30/2006
I have a smile on my face and it's all because of your story. I was pleasantly surprised when you didn't have Arythena turn back Aremera to her former beautiful self. I liked it! And I also liked that you didn't keep Aremera as ugly her entire life because then it wouldn't have been the happy ending everyone craves. As it is, your story is intelligent, sweet, and full of wonderful life lessons. Great job, I enjoyed reading your work!

Ollie May
Larentia chapter 1 . 9/17/2005
Very nice. I liked it! It was very descriptive and visual.

Good moral lesson, too!
Burning Calligraphy chapter 1 . 9/16/2005
I liked this twist. I also like the fact that there was no romance in here: just a character interacting with those in her life that she loved. She dealt with her problems very well, and I like that.

I didn't see any spelling errors, though I thought I noticed a few grammar issues here and there, but that's kinda normal in any piece of writing.

Anyway, all in all, good concept, good writing...I like it.
phishcat chapter 1 . 6/28/2005
This is pretty interesting, the writing style is good. A few complaints: Toward the beginning of the story, the fairy says "And if I find that you told your daughter of my visit, there will be a curse for you and your kingdom as well." However, this does not follow through...and the fairy seems to know of the parents telling their daughter about the curse, but is not angry at all. If this is simply something you didn't notice, I'd recommend fixing it..

Also, consider getting a beta reader. The grammar is mostly fine, but the few mistakes present could be easily picked up by a beta reader (or even a careful re-reading by yourself).

Overall, nice job! I enjoyed it.