Reviews for Shadows of Life
Kjersti chapter 7 . 5/1/2006
Shee-it. The poo *really* landed on the rotating fin there, oh lurves this chapter. It was absolutely wonderful. Well, in a horrible way, of course. I don't actually *like* knowing that they've got problems. Ah, hell. You know what I mean.I liked Brian. Poor kid. He reminds me of a friend of mine's little brother. Except, of course, that they're two brothers with a quite nice, normal, family. They're *so* cute together. Like two puppies squabbling. :DCan't wait to read more. I love this story. It's , you weren't far off with my name, I think. The best way to describe it in writing would be Cherstee (like the singer Cher). Don't worry though - only a third of the people I knew in Wales when I lived there managed to say my name right. :DKeep up the great work! I can't wait to read more! :)
Kendal chapter 3 . 4/24/2006
I meant sorry for not "reviewing." One scale ranging between lunatic and coherent, I'm definitely not leaning toward the latter today.

And if you update, I could be persuaded to show you snippets of what's in the works. Although, I think I'd be the one making out on this deal... Seriously. But as far as a carrot goes, it's all I've got.
Kendal chapter 6 . 4/24/2006
::prods::

If Myrika's making me write, I get to make someone else write, too.

(That means you.)

I like David. He kind of freaks me out, though, because I was always one of those people who went running when people tried to muck about in my life. I suppose not learning how to deal with that in high school explains a lot about why I'm so screwed up now. Ah, well.

Anyway, sorry, I didn't update before. I've been meaning to, but I've been so lazy lately. Now that I have, though, you have to update so the cycle can repeat itself.

I still think Jinx and Sekka have an interesting chemistry, but I'm not sure I've yet gotten a feel for what exactly that chemistry is. I have the feeling Sekka's very different when she's not around Jinx and is coherent.

Write more, please.
Takishia chapter 6 . 4/16/2006
Hi! I think your story's great, I like it very much. Poor Sekka and poor Jinx. Their relationship is interesting and I enjoy their dialouge. Looking forward to the next chapter!
Kjersti chapter 6 . 4/4/2006
Ah, no worries, it was worth the wait! :) Great story. I really like it. Wish Jinx wouldn't throw up his lunch, though (I'm assuming that's what he's doing).

So you like my name, eh? That's nice. :) Take a guess how you're supposed to pronounce it. (It's Norwegian, by the way.)
Corn on the Cob chapter 6 . 4/3/2006
Haha. Bringing lunch for a friend. How nice of her. They were watching out for one another. How cute D Hah. They're scared of their mothers! I think the mood was supposed to be serious, but I ended up chuckling a bit. But I'm glad they're becoming friends... sorta _ It's a funny relationship, arguing and throwing stuff. Charming.

Oh but that teacher man. I'm beginning to dislike him more and more. He's like a... creepy child stalker person. *kicks him*

Kjersti chapter 5 . 1/17/2006
And you make me happy by updating. :)Man, poor Sekka? The little you've hinted about her mom sounds bad. Very bad. I feel so sorry for her little brother as poor Jinx. His mom is a *nasty* bitch. But Janette seems nice. :)Great story! Keep it coming! :)
Corn on the Cob chapter 5 . 1/15/2006
O_O

Yey. Fast update! I think all teachers are biased *smacks the David teacer* You have a good sense of humor in your writing you know? Has anyone ever told you that? I laughed in random parts throughout the chapter. Oh and the ballet part shocked me. Just randomly imagined Jinx in a pink tutu and I burst out laughing _

Anyways, the flow of this chapter went well and the pace of the story is going good too. Ne, the ending was cute D Update soon! I can't get enough if your story.

-Corn
Kendal chapter 5 . 1/15/2006
You should take it as a compliment that I think your characters are weird. After all, it was meant as one. :)

I'm a little confused, I have to admit. As to where Sekka fits into the social ladder. For some reason, I want to slot her into the higher rungs (read: the popular kids), but then with all that's going on in her home life, the lack of sleep and no one really seeming to be worried about her, and the part where she's not been seen anywhere but with Jinx makes me wonder if that's an accurate assumption.

Oh, and the insinuations about the mother... Dearie, I do hope you're planning on writing quickly. ;) Of course, I say that, but I'm a repeat (very bad) offender of exactly the opposite, so I promise not to hold it against you.

Writing. About that... Yeah, I was writing a story, but I had to take it down because I'd been writing it for two or three years and had gotten nowhere. I am working on something that I hopefully will post shortly, now that I've found my jumpdrive again. Unfortunately, I've developed a strange addiction to writing really questionable poetry, so that might hamper the process slightly.

At any rate, keep writing. The interaction between Jinx and Sekka is fantabulous - they really click, in a reluctant sort of way, at least on Jinx's part.
Kendal chapter 4 . 1/13/2006
And hi. :)

Don't take this the wrong way, but I find all of your characters slightly weird. This is not a bad thing - they're different in an intriguing way, and you do the suspense (The right word? Perhaps not.) thing fabulously well... Based on the story's summary, I'm guessing (hoping?) that there's some diabolical reason Sekka hasn't slept. We shall see.

I fell off the face of the earth for a (long) while, but I'm so glad to see that you're still writing. I've placed this on my favorites so now you must update so that I have something to read.
Kjersti chapter 4 . 1/9/2006
Well, that was certainly interesting. Damn it, why can't she just sleep...Can't wait to read more! :)
Maitri chapter 4 . 1/9/2006
good word (y) i was kinda waiting for more though.. post up the next few chapters
Corn on the Cob chapter 4 . 1/8/2006
Wow. Another good one. Your way of characterization is really effective. The qualities are very realistic. It's funny how they seem to constantly battle one another _ And as always, great description usage (made me see all the little details).

Sekka's a soda addict -_-; and overworked. Meh... Me too... *yawns at 47 page English paper* Thanks for updating and I hope you post the next part soon )

-Corn
aurora borealis chapter 3 . 10/30/2005
Wow, this story is powerful. The feelings are just so tangible... I love it. It's great, and promising. Can't wait to read more.
Corn on the Cob chapter 3 . 10/11/2005
Wow that was pretty cool D I liked the part where Jinx kills his alarm clock. It reminded me of myself *guilty grin* I had to buy another alarm clock cuz I knocked it off the table when i was trying to shut it off... I feel a bit sorry for him though, with the parents and all. Haha Jinx and Sekka are opposites hehe. Anyways, I really lked the image-ness in this chapter. *waiting for next one* yay!
50 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »