Reviews for osteology
littlest clouds chapter 1 . 7/12/2005
i really like this. it reminds me of my grandmother and how i feel about her, and her eating disorder.

i really like your style, how you use your words. i think the spacing in ' y' is effective.

also thank you for your reviews :) i appreciate them.
becoming . blasphemous chapter 1 . 7/8/2005
That last line really pulls it together. I can nearly visualize it too.
ambiguityy chapter 1 . 7/5/2005
beautifully painful - I love the last line.
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 7/4/2005
this made me cry becaue i was anorexic & my best friend is bulimic so it really struck a cord with me.. great job
eighteen hundred chapter 1 . 7/3/2005
I liked the first stanza in particular; the rest of them, the second in particular seemed a bit... I don't know, just brutally blunt. But I really like your writing style overall, you piece lovely words together in a really beautiful way.
Kelpylion chapter 1 . 7/3/2005
I expected this to be smarmy. It wasn' cluttered & sudden punctuationless flow of this was quite appropriate. Loved it-in a creeped-out sort of way.
Unimportant chapter 1 . 7/3/2005
A powerful poem that is beautifully worded. Wonderfully put!
addie pray chapter 1 . 7/1/2005
This was so fantastic. I loved the style, it was modern and elegant at the same time, nothing seemed to jarr. The ending was the best, by far. Perfection.
AboveTheSalt chapter 1 . 7/1/2005
you steal my words. the last stanza is like a punch to the stomach - by far, my favorite. perfect clinching last line. the structure is wonderful. only thing i didn't like was the and/ampersand at the beginning of the third stanza. it seems like it interrupts the flow of the poem. the very vivid second stanza, especially from "elasticity" on, was just amazing. reminds me of salvador dali's paintings, especially "The Temptation of St. Anthony", if you've ever heard of/seen it ("Gala and the Tigers", too). The figures have very spindly, filament-like legs, recalling an anorexic's limbs and fragile bones. every stanza is perfect. four is right, too. great work, as always.

-salt.
alligater20 chapter 1 . 6/30/2005
I almost went that route once, and this speaks to me. Or was spoken to me before, if you know how I mean that. I like this a lot! Your descriptions really conjure up pictures of those kinds of celerey eating models who think (very) thin (very) beautiful. When in reality, plus size models are MUCH more beautiful than they are. Sorry, I'll stop ranting. Anyways, I love this. You have MOUNTAINS of talent. I'm off to check out more of your stuff )
GypsyMothra chapter 1 . 6/30/2005
Powerful poem. Beautiful choice of words. I love how you used "thinspiration".
Nobody-n-Particular chapter 1 . 6/30/2005
Powerful. I love your manipulation of words, esp that "thinspiration."
lackluster chapter 1 . 6/30/2005
that's the price we must pay for so-called beauty...

anyways, great poem! it really goes into everything about anorexia and describing the negatives against it. great work!
my failure chapter 1 . 6/30/2005
wow. this is beautiful. i love it. good job.:)
The Dragonfly Dancer chapter 1 . 6/30/2005
The third stanza is inaccurate,

but thank you for the last line, and I do think this poem was very well done. I like your use of "&" instead of "and" and the slashes and arbitrary use of the "bold" feature.

Kudos.