Reviews for Wallflower Season
all you need is oxygen chapter 1 . 6/18/2008
you write things that are so beautiful that they hurt, a little.
A chapter 1 . 2/2/2008
I totally connect to this poem, because I am a wallflower, and when you wrote, "- not that they expect anyone would ever notice, of course," is exactly the way I feel, because I don't expect anyone to notice me at all.

Your writing really is fantastic, and I love how you show how people see wallflowers.
hear me smile chapter 1 . 7/5/2006
trapped on the boundaries of could've-been and almost-made-it. gray and white-toned loneliness. the weak and wilting wallflowers. lord knows they'd never last in a vase.

this has been on my favorites for awhile now, and I realized I'd never reviewed. Probably because there's not much for me to say; you've said it all. Thank you.
Margot Tenenbaum chapter 1 . 2/9/2006
the shadows of school dances,

practically the summary of my entire high school experience. of all, being a wallflower myself, I can connect to this of all, i love the imagery and the constant metaphor of the figurative and literal meaning of a "wall flower."i love this poem and i'm adding it to my favorites!
Jezsh chapter 1 . 12/21/2005
I dont know quite what to say...I can't really say how it makes me feel. It's like there are a lot of ideas jumbled up into one, and it makes me for a beautiful yet puzzling piece for me. The way you express them, however, is wonderful. And the reaction of other people - just not knowing what to do, except turn back? Really interesting and ghostly.
sloppy firsts chapter 1 . 11/18/2005
this was so above and beyond...

well done.
like a lover chapter 1 . 9/4/2005
oh my god. this is amazing. I'm pretty much speechless.

"it's wallflower season and they're in full bloom - not that/they expect anyone would ever notice, of course. nobody picks/a bouquet of gray and white-toned loneliness/to give to their sweethearts."

&:

"the library's back tables, and they'll be flourishing:/stand still and they'll sidle closer, their breath/cool against your skin. you'll want to pity them,"

amazing words, really.
lackluster chapter 1 . 7/12/2005
ahh...bitterly truthful. i absolutly LOVE your writing. *adds you to fav. list*
C.J. Mahan chapter 1 . 7/2/2005
While this is not the most well-written poem I've ever read, it is still one of the better ones I've seen... The message is clear and strong without being overpoweringly, and boringly obvious. The jumbled, free-flowing form is an attribute to it's power as well. Does the poem's lack of visual appeal, and grammatic accuaracy somehow parralell the way the 'wallflowers' are seen by the ones living in their golden hollywood homes? I think that the forementioned factors of the poem, only aide what you're trying to say, if they were intentional or not.
account not in use chapter 1 . 6/30/2005
I adore this. You express the idea so well!
smile persephone chapter 1 . 6/30/2005
This is brilliance. The style is perfect, as is everything else. I'm in love with this poem.