Reviews for Dearest Daniel
Nestalgica chapter 2 . 10/1/2005
Oh, that sucks... wow, i really like all the metaphors and personification and stuff... again, it was a little sappy... why are they writing letters and not just talking? then again, it wouldn't be much of a story if it was just dialogue, but what i don't understand is why they say "i have to leave," because then it's like they're right next to each other... but they're writing letter... but... gaah!

Very nice :D

~Max W.~
Nestalgica chapter 1 . 10/1/2005
:O i like this a lot... it's kinda sappy, but i think that that is right for what she's saying... very nice job, i'll read on
FantasizedMusic chapter 2 . 8/1/2005
Wow... having read both letters, a lot more has come into play. Firstly, FANTASTIC-and I really mean WONDERFUL-touch that "It is not clear whether he read her letter or not." That changes the entire outlook. I believe he has not read her letter. He has written this, and will read her letter within a few days of writing this. It is interesting that Daniel means "God is my judge" which implies a spiritual aspect to his death, whether he believes he will go to heaven, or this is his last month on earth. The grief of reading her letter after having been given a month left to live makes it horrendously painful that he will live those last few weeks knowing that he never had Alla's heart. Really wonderful work on this. Best I've seen you do, because of what you implied and didn't say; that's truly a writer's strongpoint, what isn't said but is meant.
FantasizedMusic chapter 1 . 8/1/2005
The letter idea is nice and refreshing, even if-at the same time-it is overdone. This is pretty well done. The length isn't inordinantely long; I'd say it's just the right length, though you wouldn't be off in writing more (but not less). The idea of it really hits the heart hard. It's not a literary piece, and by that I mean, it doesn't incorporate a lot of themes like the Garden of Eden, redemption, secrets, appearances are deceiving, etc. But it's emotional, and for a quick, possibly two or three-short piece, it's fine. The only thing that seems a little off is the ending, saying "Only tomorrow?" to end it. Seems a little anti-climatic and out of place, honestly. The rest of well-done, though. Keep writing!
the-narration chapter 1 . 7/2/2005
Oh, my gosh. That was so sweet, so touching. You can really feel it. It's as if you're being spoken to. Wonderful job.