Reviews for The Love That Lingers
Woedin chapter 1 . 7/5/2015
I know this pain, you write of my friend, It's truly the most touching offering I've come across in some time. I'm sorry not to have found your work sooner. Although sadly we are not alone with said grief. I wish it were not so, but such is this world, that in it the bereaved are legion. I think no one however, as far as I'm aware. Has memorialized those feelings into poetry, that would surpass your most heartfelt sentiments in this piece. And from that alone, I sense a kindred spirit. I will read your works, with anticipation. And you have my deepest condolences on your loss.
Bob Story Builder chapter 1 . 7/4/2015
My stomach got hollow reading this. I guess you can figure something out of someone by their first piece they publish. I love the second stanza. To me it sets the tone for the rest of the poem. A tone of sorrow.

The last stanza is haunting! The first line sounds so desperate to communicate something; a sentiment reinforced in the next line. The last two lines to me are ironic. What comes next in the future is uncertain but love chains all to certainty of being around. Love will entrap and anchor. Someone may be gone but memories will always be there? I do not know. Reading this stanza, I pictured looking through a waterfall at life and walking deeper and deeper into a cave with footsteps echoing (poem inspiration!). I found this stanza reassuring in a primal sense. Maybe hope that all be together again or something sentimental like that.

I lost someone too. She died July fourth and as much as it is a holiday in America it is a bittersweet day for me five years later. Reading this poem reminds me of her love. She was like a second mother to me. Thank you for reminding me of her in a bright way and not in a morbid way.

Condolences to the loss of your father. Communication of grief is sometimes impossible I have thought and other times quite beautiful in communication. This is the latter.

Stunning, regal poetry.
theonlyangelicdemoness chapter 1 . 12/16/2008
That was intense, I loved it. The last two stanzas probably spoke to me the most. Your word choices there really brought something to this poem that made me want to reread it multiple tomes to make sure I didn't miss anything. The image of "crimson tears" was exquisite as was the entire last stanza. Nicely done :)
joseph'sgorgor chapter 1 . 8/1/2008
hey! this is really evocative, i loved the juxtaposition of images, they really add depth to the piece.
403 Forbidden chapter 1 . 6/27/2008
That was beautiful and vivid. I like the line "And unchained though tomorrows be" and really just the entire last stanza.
NotoriousBlue chapter 1 . 10/12/2007
i really really like this!
FantasizedMusic chapter 1 . 8/5/2005
Wow... truly powerful... perhaps the best thing of yours that I have read. I can hear your barren cries, just as you described them. There's not much to be said here... just, good work.