Reviews for Necessary Evil: The Godforge
dreamshell chapter 7 . 3/22/2007
Great second act!

Lots of things to like about Godforge. Starting off with the first chapter, I like the idea of Flood-Flame, as well as how "Robin" and Jon Little have become hardened and have taken on a somewhat "fuck it all" attitude. There's a degree of tragedy there that I love.

Jackknife going rogue was neat. I'm wondering how he became so psychotic. And watching the transformation of Bressian from simple serial killer to Brood-controller to Revenant Shape-like entity was great. And now that he's a part of Jackknife, who knows what could happen?

The two "god" characters are interesting. I'm curious to find out who the cold, skeptical one is.

I enjoyed all the new weapons and the simulations, especially the one Thomas passed at which most other Cov-Techs have failed. Slicing up a bunch of DSHI guards must be fun.

The variations of Brood were something to read. Wouldn't want to cross one of those "male organ" lookalikes, though.

I'm eager to see how Abendroth fits in to the TUL. Will his loyalists join him?

“The only way I’m ‘going down,’ is on your corpses before I eat them!” Haha. Great line.

So Thomas wants to use the black hole to provide energy for a Dyson sphere and thus, deflect the very same black hole? Sounds cool.

Gonna get to part three soon.
Scraper chapter 4 . 9/4/2005
Lovely chapter. Blackholes, mind-control, and evil ploys to become gods... Love it... Jackknife seems very obsessive with the whole god thing (Just like when I first encountered him in Hellbound)And its nice to see someone combining these two elements (For some reason, some people suppose Science and religion can't go together.)

Good that Bressian finally decided to get a little more creative. "masturbating into a skull" was starting to be very redundant...
Scraper chapter 3 . 9/2/2005
Nice chapter. I especially liked the conversation between Thomas, GOTWON and Jackknife. It was amusing in a sense! Once again, anything connected with religion is interesting, but I'm not much on the subject of politics. I can be idealistic, mainly because I'm in a country with a corrupt government, but I don't really care about the "greater good". Stems from being an introvert I guess...

Once again, this is good, but has the same problem as the previous chapter: There are many errors with the bold and italic fonts, and some dont match up with the person speaking.

Also, I was wondering,what other words can be used to describe Void other than "empty" and "cold". I never quite understood the whole 0 temperature of Kelvin... It's known as "the absence of temperature" but why is it generally considered a "cold temperature"?

Also, (something completely unconnected to the story) how do modern guns work? Me and my friends were all arguing about the whole gunpowder thing. (In truth, none of us have the SLIGHTEST idea how guns operate...)
Arkash chapter 7 . 8/28/2005
Fuhrerhedrin is certainly a nasty character.

You're switching point of views between Beppo and Abendroth. You need a divider of some sort, otherwise it's confusing.

And again, you need a divider before "In the TUL, Thomas, Jassul, Iwan..." to separate the scenes.

WOW! A new weapon. I love the string shaker. Good fight scenes.

Keep updating! *_*
Scraper chapter 2 . 8/28/2005
Nice chapter! Alien mind control wipe out the universe with a leader figure behind the whole thing seems a little common though isnt it?

And you really need to fix the formatting! I was getting confused on who the hell was talking! Other than that, pretty good.
Alnitak Z Orion chapter 6 . 7/29/2005
I almost missed this chapter. OK, here we go:

20 survivors of 10 mill? Massacre on a large scale, I think Bressian is worse than Ruckil, and he seems to be harder to kill with his clones.

Interesting creatures, the Lurkers.

So he's dead finally. Good chapter. I enjoyed the various bio creatures/weapons that you used here.

Arkash chapter 5 . 7/24/2005
I keep forgetting to mention that I like the little excerpts at the top of each chapter.

All these weapons make Thmas into a god, but I know you give the opposition weapons just as good. Or better. As if Bressian or Jacknife wasn't bad enough alone, now they will merge. Hm, it will certainly be interesting.

The corrosive acid of the Ynovon Warrior caste dissolves anything it comes in contact with. When it encounter human tissues, it's slimy at first. It's not made up of self relicating nanobots. you'll see.
Arkash chapter 4 . 7/19/2005
You certainly plunge in deep with your technology. "Crude picotech", indeed. I wish we had at least a full scale nanotech. I like it, however.

Very interesting chapter. What came to mind when I read this was that it's like a grand technological chess game. Strategies and technologies pitted against societies.

Arkash chapter 3 . 7/13/2005
Fascinating chapter.

You're already using femtotech, but what comes after that?

I like the complex plot developments.

Arkash chapter 2 . 7/11/2005
If it's possible, Bressian is worse than Ruckil.

Fascinating biotech, and the adaptations are sperbly worked out.

An of course, great military tech.

Arkash chapter 1 . 7/11/2005
Yeah, finally. *_*
Haku chapter 2 . 7/3/2005
"They were desperate and armed, and they had just reminded DSHI what an armed, desperate group could do."

Very September 11th. That's not a criticism, just a note. Shows things from the terrorist P.O.V.