Reviews for brushing girl
Sorrowful Dreams chapter 1 . 7/24/2005
this is quite the odd one. but I like it. great start to it and the flow is good

~Sorrow~
account not in use chapter 1 . 7/16/2005
Very pretty and intensely done.
The Proxy Ninja chapter 1 . 7/8/2005
It's nce to kick back and read some of Lavender's work after writing some lengthy- sometimes caustic- reviews on other people's pieces. I don't know, but Beti and Lavender's work gives me a good feeling. When I read their work, I'm not thinking about what to write about in my review, I'm not worried about trying to keep suggestions or corrections in my head.. I really actually come to their sites to wind down and -enjoy- reading for the sake of reading.. I guess they're just -that- good. Down to the heart of it all, when a writer like Lavender could make you smile after ever poem, and leave even a poignant FEELING to let you know the distintiveness of the work and style, you know that's talent. Yes, the sarcasm of this piece is lovely, but not blatant and pointed and stinging. Playful, and a little bitter-sweet. wonderful.
Sophie August chapter 1 . 7/8/2005
I love the way you put words together; your poetry flows with incongruities and strange, beautiful concepts. I love the slightly cynical phrase "erotic procedures" and the repeating line "brush of the sex with that dollar-store comb." Gorgeous.
FunkyFlower chapter 1 . 7/7/2005
great poem! thanx so much for the review! the metaphor of a comb is awesome and the overall work is pretty sarcastic. wonderful work! mebbe u should lengthen the ending cuz its sort of vague but still fabulous. incredible work!
Aquafied chapter 1 . 7/6/2005
oh my, this is a jolly poem.

i quite like the taste (ish) of it.

very nice indeed.

and one lump or two, my dear?
poetic abortion chapter 1 . 7/6/2005
this is lavely, lav. (can I call you that?) the poem is wonderful, stylistic and sarcastic at the same time. love it.

~* noelle
The Fourth Fate chapter 1 . 7/6/2005
I love this. It's so sweet and sad. This is beautiful and the repitition and use of the comb as a metaphor are wodnerful.
SecretsBehindTheCloset chapter 1 . 7/6/2005
I like it, but the ending is kind of shakey. You could do better _
Nobody-n-Particular chapter 1 . 7/6/2005
Lovely different style this time. Nice snippets of thought and sarcastic.