Reviews for Shoplifting 101
My Faithless Regrets chapter 1 . 11/18/2011
That was nice. I mean...do you really steal? I have nothing against that. Just amazing the way you put it into words.
deleted01 chapter 1 . 7/15/2005
My man, this gave me a chuckle in my almost endless boredom tonight. I thank you. Primarily, you're a great raconteur, keep it up; even though this type of endeavor doesn't lobby my support at all. Later man, keep it up.
forever in blue jeans chapter 1 . 7/10/2005
Um, well . . . thanks, I guess?

I'm pretty sure that most stores care when someone is stealing from them.
Tiefling chapter 1 . 7/9/2005
I despise shoplifters.

'Come on, let’s get real. What is it you’re going for? A book? A CD, maybe? A bra? A soda? In the grand scheme of things, the disappearance of ONE lousy item doesn’t matter much to most stores'

It isn't just one shoplifter, it's many, so it adds up to a lot of money lost, and screws everyone's insurance premiums. It also means that those of us who are honest have to put up with undeserved suspicion and time wasting bag searches.
Dakredith chapter 1 . 7/9/2005
Nice info, and coodles to you for putting it out on the net, but i think it's on teh wrong site...
Emmanuel K. Quartey chapter 1 . 7/9/2005
While I do not agree with you I feel that I absolutely *have* to congratulate you.

Putting this up was, in my opinion, very brave and very very honest.

I like it.
Retlor chapter 1 . 7/9/2005
You ever notice that if there is a 2 for 1 sale on something small, say a bottle of coke or a even something bigger, the cashier swipes the same one twice? The alarm doesn't go off when you leave. This suggests that the alarms do NOT cover anything small. Plus, if you are in a supermarket, the pick-and-mix is full of wonderful opportunities for the mis-appropriation of property.
No Trust chapter 1 . 7/9/2005
Personally I'd do the Arab thing to anyone who stole from me.
someguywithaproblem chapter 1 . 7/9/2005
Well, from a little bird that talks to much. I think the bird said that, the way you described stealing CDs is a little to inconvinient. The little bird also said, that some places.. or at least where the bird lives... that Hot Topic and all the other CD stores censors dont really work.

In which case the best way to steal it is simply by hiding it in your boxers and walking out.

However, the little bird also says that pocket knifes are a damn good idea. And that so is layering clothing, especially in the winter.. in Minnesota. Where you can where a tshirt, a hoodie, a coat and a trench coat without suspician...

The bird also chirped that his little bird brother got caught by a plainclothed person as well and that Target cares about every little item. And that it's the small chain stores in malls that have employs that dont give a fuck...

As for books... yeah, bookstores arent prepared. Take whatever classic you want, although barnes n noble has security devices trapped in random pages of each book.

Group thefy.. the little bird says group theft is always the best. Especially if you can get someone to throw up in the middle of the store. Leaving way for the other four people to borrow what is necessary.

One last word from the bird, if you look like you're lifting. They'll follow you like you're lifting.

-C
blaxcell chapter 1 . 7/8/2005
Hats off to you mate!Also group lifting is great; it gives you a chance to handle things more because you're showing friends and if you have three people chatting really loudly about how it would be so cool to shoplift (and deciding not to just as loudly) the fourth can slip something small. Also works well if one person goes in and damages the packaging while the other walks in after and picks it up. My dad who took a course as a guard was trained to look out for lingering young loners.
society's little devil chapter 1 . 7/8/2005
Bravo, my friend, Im glad to see the ancient tricks of the rogue field (I swear Im not being sarcastic, justplayed Neverwinter NIghts to much XD) being taught to those who do not posses the natural talent or friends to help them. Some things that I also find helpfull in my shoplifting endevours: If you steal a book, steal a hardback and take the jacket ff. Always, bring a large backpack that already has a few lumps in it. If your jitery, buy something small as well, it will look both less suspicious and help you calm down: No one's going to stop you. Slipping items up you sleeve or letting them fall intot he bag is also helpful And from my most horrific encounter...Never, EVER under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES attemptto shoplift while wearing a shiny sequin jacket.