Reviews for My Dear Alice
the naked civil servant chapter 1 . 7/1/2006
Again and again she lived and died, and meant less to them each time. With the coffin closedthey call her wicked or worse. They blind themselves again and they name her Alice.

i can't explain the beauty of that. it reminds me of diary - chuck palahaniuk in the

best

possible

way...
euphemismsforlukewarmtragedies chapter 1 . 9/12/2005
i am speechless.

this was so original, so well-crafted. it was structured & free at the same time. lovelovelove. (pardon my lack of coherence. this was amazing) on faves again.
clockwork kiss chapter 1 . 8/1/2005
it's amazing how you can manage to narrate an entire life while still keeping it poetic and gorgeous instead of barely clinging to verse strands of a short story. i hate when narrations do that, and this is far from it. it's wonderful and sad and i love it. "Outside it's a symphony of tin rain, a cacophony of falling angels."- that's beautiful. "she swallows it smiling, the cheshire cat lounging on a bed of nails. she takes her communion with strangers.)"- wonderful imagery, great reference. i won't pick out anymore because then this review would be a page long, but this is amazing work. i'm definitely going to have to make room in my favorites!
Nobody-n-Particular chapter 1 . 7/22/2005
Rich and vivid, and utterly breathtaking. Outstanding piece of passion and turmoil.
account not in use chapter 1 . 7/9/2005
Another amazing one. Such wonderous imagery and stroy-telling. I love it.
forgotten flight chapter 1 . 7/9/2005
This was always one of my favorites. It's so well written and your imagery is to die for. (Not that this isn't a recurring thing, but... :D)

By the way, I'm back from Japan. I'll give you a call when the jet lag leaves me alone. P