Reviews for Red Dust
the naked civil servant chapter 1 . 3/1/2006
the first line knocked me sideways. from there it was a crescendo of beauty right up to the last defiant desperate helpless last line. gorgeous.
vonlan chapter 1 . 8/17/2005
sounds like somebody got hurt on a rainy day.

it makes me think of a scene, of a picture frame smashing into a puddle of water and this is the tableaux-

then flash-

someone's got tears streaming down their face in the rain, its blended and you can't tell.

i am quite the oddity.
kalmia raphael chapter 1 . 8/17/2005
short again but good. love the stylistic thingies here, the off-rhyming and the alliteration, and also more unconventional slashes, italics etc. ending line really strikes home. accident - media playout of the accident is nothing like the reality. at least that's my idea. don't fully understand this poem but it is morbidly pretty.
til-iburnout aka Amanda Helton chapter 1 . 8/14/2005
You sure know how to drag a person in with the opening lines. I loved it.
citrus scented chapter 1 . 8/12/2005
i adore the opening lines, they are just so strong and effective- they really reel you in. incredible poem, really celevrly written.
in theory chapter 1 . 8/8/2005
Wow, very creative clur. Not spoken to you for awhile, hope you're doing good. )
Cloud Burst chapter 1 . 8/7/2005
very abstract and creative, beautiful.
AboveTheSalt chapter 1 . 8/6/2005
You chose very strong words; there is nothing light about this poem. Its brevity certainly adds to the cutting, emotional/instinctual feel. The colors and images you chose are incredibly striking - red dust, water full blast, screen flickers green, blackout. Definitely enjoyed this one.
Moonjava chapter 1 . 7/31/2005
The imagery in this is just great. Nice work.
The Melissa Occult chapter 1 . 7/20/2005
Interesting enough.
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 7/18/2005
wow.. insanely powerful... awesome awesome poem.. i love the first line of the middle stanza
Escapist chapter 1 . 7/14/2005
The impact of the first line is staggering, because GODDAMN: it takes a lot to smash Polaroid prints to smithers. The rest of the poem rolls off of that, your diction being just so strikingly appealing.
Kira Deleria chapter 1 . 7/9/2005
This is an awsome poem. I love the imagry of the first 2 lines and the way you wrote the poem is interesting. The poem itself is moving and interesting, I liked it. Great work.
lackluster chapter 1 . 7/9/2005
sad...love the last line particularly!
TwystedFate chapter 1 . 7/9/2005
Love the last line particularly. Lovely, as always.