Reviews for Smoke
Lauryn chapter 1 . 7/17/2005
i LOVE this piece. i can relate with every aspect of it. to quote a chiq, "we're living in a society that tries to convince u that their perceptions should be your reality."...but anyways, phenomenal work as usual.
AbstractMind chapter 1 . 7/14/2005
kajyl:for the first thing you said, I am not saying that everyone holds difference in itself as a crime- I am talking about a specific topic the second, it is your opinion if you think *we* are wrong. Besides, politics is a bunch of bulshiters who do anything to save the third and forth, I am mearly saying that it is not wrong, just not really accepted by today's society; which is why it is titled "smoke"- it is just blurring our thoughts and visions seeing as how it is not acceptable with all, but that it really doesn't matter what they think- "snoke" is just in the way of that realization for for your fifth, that is ridiculous- homosexuality justs people just like killing?- those are two totally different longings...we aren't killing anyone or even hurting anyone and if a person feels "hurt" by it, it is their problem and they need to get over themselves and worry about what is going on in their own life beacause it wont change anything on the matter no matter what they think.
TheBrokenWanderer chapter 1 . 7/14/2005
well, being who i am...i love this poem...i just love it...it's so...true and real, and...i don't really know what else to say...

TheBrokenWanderer
gn0sis chapter 1 . 7/14/2005
"Looked down upon forbeing different-"

You act as if everyone holds difference in itself as a crime; it's only *your* difference that I don't approve of.

"Why should you have a say in other's lives-You shouldn't but somehow, you do."

If the government can tell you that what you're doing is wrong, why can't I?

"You are the voice inside, telling us we are wrong (Leaving us with a guilty conscience)"

Why should you have a guilty conscience if nothing is wrong?

"You are the tear forming in our forbidden lover's eyes "

Maybe if your forbidden lover would make a choice conforming to what others believed was right, there would be less heartache.

"You are the nasty words that slap us in the face"

I'm sorry that some people really are hateful and mean. I wish it wasn't so; I disagree, but not violently.

"Denying the reality of our longings "

Lots of people have longings to murder but they rightly keep that under check. Sure, homosexuality you claim doesn't hurt anyone but in reality, I say it does-just like murder.

Written delicately, it is a good poem. I disagree very vehemently with the subject matter but I do applaud you for a good effort.