Reviews for Confessions of a Golden Calf
growing-up chapter 1 . 10/12/2009
Whoa. Thats incredible.

The imagery of the insects, and the relation to the menstrual cycle in the end. I'm in awe. Its intense and edgy and i love it.

just wow.
Cloud Burst chapter 1 . 8/29/2005
beautiful!
not sure yet chapter 1 . 8/19/2005
ive had a falling out with words recently, so youll have to forgive the reviews getting worse and worse

i love the ending of the second to last stanza

bugs bugs bugs squirmy squishy dead

pretTY pret ti ful ly done
the naked civil servant chapter 1 . 8/6/2005
i love it love it love it love it love it. "but you said it was alright, you just knew that somehow it was important"... empathy. forever, EMPATHY. excellent poem. on my favourites list you go.
veganhippiegirl chapter 1 . 7/23/2005
its so easy to criticize others, isn't it? i never claimed to be non-conformist. i just dont conform with things i dont agree with.

why not turn that sharp wit of yours inward for once? what would you say about yourself if you were an outsider looking in? i have one word: hypocrite.
eldrin chapter 1 . 7/22/2005
A bit dark, but compelling. The words seem to tell a story at the same time they seem utterly unconnected to anything. It's a lovely piece.
Nobody-n-Particular chapter 1 . 7/22/2005
Why so negative? And if you hate this site, why continue posting? I read your bio, that's all, and was merely curious. I do enjoy your poetry immensely.
Tori Keedah chapter 1 . 7/21/2005
Oh wow- this was beautiful in the sense of words and fluidity of the whole poem!

Dark, compelling, completely admirable. It made me feel guilty for seeing the person as a role model even if you feel like you cannot stop but to idolise this person. Amazing.

It's good to see another work by you.
pleasecometrue chapter 1 . 7/20/2005
Beautiful and tragic and I think I may love you.
Nobody-n-Particular chapter 1 . 7/18/2005
What a revelation and darkness of the soul.
Kira of Hecale chapter 1 . 7/17/2005
I liked how it went from conversational to vivid: "the spare legs of moths and flies" - that was striking.

Not sure what to critique - it's good stuff. Maybe the line breaks in the fourth stanza? "I'm not that golden icon thrust / upon your shoulders..." When I read it out loud, it sounds strange, but I may just be pausing in the wrong way. I'm guilty of odd line breaks, too.

I think I might add you on livejournal.
snowtiger13731 chapter 1 . 7/15/2005
This is amazing. I love it. So glad you've posted another poem. I adore your stuff.

-Julia