Reviews for Space Tail
Guest chapter 2 . 3/31/2015
It needs more descriptions. What kind of ship carried him? Was it spherical? Did it have big ftl pods? What kind of space station? What did it look like? Dies it orbit a planet, a moon or a star? Etc. Details make a story more than just cause and effect. Stuff generally happen in a vacuum
r7gray chapter 2 . 5/17/2010
Okaay, so, he died... after he got out of the car? And I am guessing this "cancer" is not really cancer? Or... maybe it is... Gah, im sorry, maybe i'll just read... -.-
r7gray chapter 1 . 5/17/2010
I am most puzzled. So, is the kid like mutated... now? Or later? And also, is he going to Earth? Sorry, but could you reply pretty please?
The Severed Dove chapter 1 . 4/9/2009
Well, after a mind boggling three days of reading, I have come to the conclusion of, to be blunt, a story that has transcended all definitions of humanity's genres to the point where it is of a class all of its own.

As an intro to myself, I am merely an entity that reads. My entire life, although quite short, has existed within the pages of books, documents, and internet readings. Lacking a social structure, I've become merely an entity as such as that of being not human. However, this troubles me not, for the vast and expanding knowledge I gain everyday strides me on to continue forward. I am not a writer much anymore, as certain restraints hinder me, but I try to inspire others when possible.

Okay, sob story out of the way.

Nathan, this tale you've weaved into existence is a tale that even I couldn't not possibly justify praise with even the most articulate vocabulary. It has drawn me into a whirlpool of thought in sheer magnitudes that rival tectonic plates. Your characters redefine that very word, each has a personality that truly defines that which humans react to. Emotions have always been a hind sight to me, but you have drawn out those emotions with this tale. You have also given me a new perspective on humanity itself, that if people can create works such as this, the human mind is truly a marvelous instrument. As such, I thank you for utilizing yours to create this magnificent tale.

I have a sense of connection with a story, I tend to "half dive" into one so to say. I lose most functions of reality (miss dinner due to not noticing family in front of me waving), but I can merge the story into a short of reality for myself, I become a shadow behind the characters, watching them. I know this sounds like an ordinary reader's mind going into a dream like mode, but it is vastly different. Only a truly worthwhile work activates it, as I have often been seen reading minor works while doing any regular task as though the work bored me. I am proud to say this work has activated that complex Nathan, and since it has been awhile since it has, I thank you.

As for my review on said tale, it is difficult for me to describe in mere words my racing thoughts. Throughout the tale, character change in ways most writers would use. However, the way you've implemented these changes is unique to any other work I have witnessed. From the beginning onward, I had several haunches as to what would happen next, as any reader would have. However, even if my predictions were accurate, the events were portrayed in ways I could not possibly fathom. Truly astounding plot, individualistic yet still tied to each other characters, and descriptions of events truly mezmorizing. Such petty words are all I have to offer.

Nathan, I know this may seem odd, but I ask this. Will you continue to bring such tales to the world in even more ways than here. I can fathom series in your name, shattering the worldwide literature world, making a mockery of those who use publicity to promote their, frankly, inferior works. I cannot fathom seeing this talent go to dust, it is a gift more precious than life...Drat, I'm sounding human again...

Please, for the sake of at least one floating entity, do not falter in your writings. I wish my mind was not so diluted from humanity's trials. Maybe then, I could learn to write again. Alas, my time has already went by.

Oh, did I forget to mention the weaponry? Odd, I'm always known as a warfare fanatic. Truly innovative to say in such petty terms.

Also, if you cannot figure out who I am, I'm smacking you over the head with my FAMAS rifle. If I could though in person, I would hand it over as well as my pen. You are truly without equal.

Sincerly,your maniacal debater about everything,

The Severed Dove
Shadow Reina chapter 52 . 11/29/2007
That was good, but short. And choppy. You left out all the good parts. What's wrong with you, man? Lol, still good.
Four Minute Warning chapter 53 . 11/27/2007
-blows nose- It's so emotional! The end of Space Tail. It's been an amazing journey and I must say-

...I must stop talking like someone recieving an Oscar. It isn't even my story. xD The only bit I suggested was Oken's horrible death.

ILOVETHISSTORY. If it ever gets to a bookshop over here on my little island I shall buy it. n_n
Four Minute Warning chapter 51 . 11/24/2007
-plays the wedding march on a banjo- D
Shadow Reina chapter 51 . 11/21/2007
Yes! I was right! That was so sweet. Very romantic. *sigh* Excellent job!
Shadow Reina chapter 50 . 11/19/2007
Nicely done. I like the legal side Lygre is taking. Shows he's one of those who still has humanity left in him. Update soon please!
Four Minute Warning chapter 50 . 11/19/2007
-gasp- Travesties of justice! News reporters! Smarmy mayonnaise-type people! People desiring to rip french captains' heads off and shove them-

...That's just me, isn't it?
Four Minute Warning chapter 49 . 11/7/2007
...Wow, that's desgusting. -eyetwitch- Poor ickle mutant hoomans. D
Shadow Reina chapter 49 . 11/6/2007
That was slightly weird. I do hope there are no grotesque mutants in the future.
Four Minute Warning chapter 48 . 11/2/2007
Remote control boats are quite possibly the best idea ever. 3 BLOW EM UP BANG BANG.

...-shiftyeyes-
Shadow Reina chapter 48 . 10/29/2007
O, nice. Devious smiles are fun. Update soon! Onegai!
Shadow Reina chapter 47 . 10/15/2007
Very good and morbid. Update soon please!
101 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »