Reviews for kaleidoscopic illusion
Rozlin chapter 1 . 9/21/2005
very good ending... i agree with whoever said it 'i'm in love with your imagery' it's addicting!
pneumothorax chapter 1 . 8/14/2005
The machine gun stare and theme of war work really well & keep it together. Intelligent & personal, and the ending definite & conclusive works well.
addie pray chapter 1 . 7/22/2005
I love this so much. It's quite obscure. The imagery is so off-kilter and raw and blazing (glued four leaf cloveers and machine gun stares). The style and diction is all intricate and powerful and it all adds up to the last line. Still marveling over that.
fragglerock chapter 1 . 7/21/2005
INSANE
clockwork kiss chapter 1 . 7/18/2005
you are amazing. i can't seem to master the parapoem, as i've dubbed it, haha, but you are by far one of the best at it that i've seen. word-play was clever and gorgeous, and i loved the t(r)ap(p)ed because it made three words! not just two, but three, and all with such great meaning. all the parnethesis were nicely placed, actually. fabulous job.
Nobody-n-Particular chapter 1 . 7/18/2005
Nice sensory details to this and powerful concrete imagery.
daisy chain heart chapter 1 . 7/18/2005
amazing structure, "your facade is obscured/ . y" this is just breathtaking& i .it
lackluster chapter 1 . 7/17/2005
love this! the line with the 4-leafed-glued-clover just made me smile and shake my head in that little "you are so BRILLIANT" way! and you truly are; i'm glad your writer's block ended, you're better than ever!_
poetic abortion chapter 1 . 7/17/2005
these two lines:

"that machine gun stare with sulfur smoking from nostrils (contracting). your heart-stewed in benzene-sheds bullets despite the (seemingly) timid exterior that's justforshow. (delicacy is beauty -so you've heard- and you long to be beautiful.)" & " a three leaf clover with a single leaf glued on to make it a lucky four is t(r)ap(p)ed on your vanity mirror. atlantis is your backdrop to a dramatic life"

I don't know why, but I just got this insane amount of inspiration from the two. the poem is great and there are many lines that leave me gasping for air, the ending is just lovely. really clever and a perfect way to end this. great job!

* noelle
GypsyMothra chapter 1 . 7/17/2005
I absolutely love the three (four-) leaf clover image. Genius.
TheBrokenWanderer chapter 1 . 7/17/2005
the structure to this was amazingly unique...i liked it very much...i wish i could write like this...

TheBrokenWanderer