Reviews for I'm a Draftee, and so are You
holocaustpulp chapter 1 . 7/19/2005
gpshaw: I think its difficult for many people to conceive the notion that WWII and the War in Iraq are utterly different; to sum it up, while the former was a war AGAINST imperialist fascism and consisted of front lines, this one is a war OF imperialism and faces an insurgency who continues to baffle the US commanders. Oh, and Bush's war is scorned internationally.

Funny that you try to tell how scary Saddam's regime was (Iraq is much worse now) when our first lady (hardly first at all) marginalized an international poet's protest to the war and when government organizations have kept watch over numerous American poets.

Your statement concerning the alleged voluntary state of the army is indeed a bold one, especially when class incapabilities are used by the same government that creates such inequality to trick kids into fighting a war that never should have been.

Finally, "stooge without a mind" refers to the government's perspective of us - they don't think the students, the worker's are going to oppose their "voluntary" army that's far below recruiting goals.

I am not opposing your cousin or people like your cousin; I am opposing the establishment that has sent nearly 2,0 of American soldiers to their deaths, made terrorism worse world-wide, and made Iraq a scorching hell. Bring the Troops home. Free the Iraqi people. End regime conspiracy on its Citizens.

- HP (author)
gpshaw chapter 1 . 7/19/2005
Well I'll be sure to tell my cousin that he's, how did you say it "a stooge without a mind?" If it weren't for the stooges without minds it very likely you'd be speaking German right now! Oh and if you wrote a poem like this about Saddams military in Iraq then you would be sitting in the waiting room of a tourture is no military draft the army is totaly voulentary. Get off the black helicopter! and I am aware of my spelling mistakes.
really-chilly chapter 1 . 7/17/2005
Wow, what an eye-opener... This is good stuff... keep them coming!