Reviews for Billy Collins Poetry
Theory Of The 4th Dimension chapter 1 . 10/12/2006 heart just took a deep plunge into an abyss with the last line. Alot of your poetry tends to do that. Anyway, I like it, it's definitely one of your best like the reviews said.
graffiti-skies chapter 1 . 12/21/2005
*sighs* what happened? actually this does mean quite a lot. really liked the line about the dog...and dancing in socks...adorable.
Ebony Stars chapter 1 . 10/22/2005
This is my favourite poem of yours, definitely one of your best. This was echoing in my mind when I broke up with my last boyfriend, I love the simplicity and structure of it.
Manuel Fajar chapter 1 . 8/7/2005
That time of unanticipated joys,

Spontaneous arrival like Spring rains,

No planning for that fay that then evolved,

New rituals that sprang like blooms in grass,

A vision full of yellow sunlit songs,

With harmonies that whispered of sea shore,

Or rafting down a rushing river cold,

With sun's warmth on the bank to warm our soul,

And feel that reverie and bouncy play,

When I look at the night sky with its stars,

And see them whirling in a whorl of clouds,—

I still have dreams of Eden at my age,—

And see Thee dancing in my arms again.
penname1920 chapter 1 . 8/2/2005
yes... what happened? haha
Sophie August chapter 1 . 8/1/2005
Bang. This poem goes bang with its lyricism and wit. I love the line "and the dog watched us like we were crazy" - that made me laugh. And it's punctuated by the last line "What happened?" This short piece has a rhythm to it that makes the reader want to dance.
vballgurl154 chapter 1 . 8/1/2005
I really like it. I like how you wrote the poem and the question a few lines below it... great work
origamikitty chapter 1 . 7/30/2005
I'd change it to "freshly cleaned linoleum" and take out the floor. You've said floor before and the repitition of the word stuck out to me.

And this is just what I would do if it was my poem, so..feel free to completely ignore this. Completely.

I'd take out "we were crazy" and make it "and he was right, / so damn crazy and young and in love. / and happy too." I'd take out the other "so" in the "so happy too" line. I think it makes it stronger without it.

The beginning is incredible, the way you set the scene.
Needa S chapter 1 . 7/28/2005
I felt as though I could see it. Sad, but an awesome write.

Needa S.
Moonjava chapter 1 . 7/28/2005
I really like the beging. It's very sweet.
Dancinggal5389 chapter 1 . 7/26/2005
The beginning is really great, but it loses it's momentum
mizu no kokoro chapter 1 . 7/26/2005
wow, i love this, profound meaning that makes me think~~

keep writing!
Joey7691 chapter 1 . 7/25/2005
Ahh, memories... Where did they go? Nice poem, sad ending.
KonekOniko chapter 1 . 7/25/2005
Growing up sucks. You have a way with writing, and you always manage to leave an impact on the reader. Anyways, you did a great job, what else is new? - Hope to see more from you soon!

~Sumi-chan; What you call love, I call pain.
catseyeview chapter 1 . 7/25/2005
Beautiful...I love the picture drawn for us.
38 | Page 1 .. Last Next »