Reviews for Rainy Day Quirkiness
AikiChaos chapter 1 . 10/12/2005
OMG, I am spellbounded by your use of assonance, 'Bright yellow and grey with glints of black and blue.', 'Leaving a wake of jiggling green and wobbling precariousness', as it all sounds so lovely!

Hmm, I only see one incident of alliteration in this poem,which is, 'eccentric innocent indifference'. I like it. It adds on to you diction of words, amplying the nature of the hummingbird. I also like your use of personification, 'soft protesting branches' and the word 'bouncing', which is in the same stanze, is so cute!

Anyway, are there hummingbirds in Singapore? Hmm,I must skate around canals and drains more often!
Squidge VR6 chapter 2 . 10/10/2005
AWESOME writing...I hate snails...I shouldn't, should I? But...

AWESOME WRITING! _

Have I said you are unbelievably talented? If not, YOU ARE UNBELIEVABLY TALENTED. If I have? Well it just needs to be said twice.
Squidge VR6 chapter 1 . 10/10/2005
Yeah, hummingbirds are amazing, just like this work, I LOVE it as it is! YAY! More to read? Excellent! _
Plinky chapter 2 . 10/4/2005
Lol, I do that all the time. Today I came in and thought a crumpled pair of tights was a dead squirrel! Lol. Lovely poem. Beautiful descriptions as always! keep writing!
Plinky chapter 1 . 10/4/2005
Wow, really beautiful descriptions. I love the description of it 'flouncing'. Lovely. And I like the way the passer by pauses 'just so'. Lovely poem. Keep writing!
FrozenKiwi chapter 2 . 9/1/2005
Heeheehee... fake snails! It must have been a very curly leaf.
FrozenKiwi chapter 1 . 9/1/2005
Rain rocks my socks, as does this poem! You have a real skill with language. Keep it up!
a moth in lace chapter 2 . 8/12/2005
That was cute and almost depressing at the same time. I really like how you take the snail and make it something more-you take a veil of words and crown it and place it on a throne. I really like that. Not many people can make something as magnificent of a snail as you did. All I can really think is- "Poor snail."

-marie
a moth in lace chapter 1 . 8/12/2005
THE TITLE! I love the title. It's so delicate, in a way, in comparison to the hummingbird. Anyway, the poem-I fell kind of into the poem and my it seemed to just sink into my eyes and I really liked it. I love how you described it all. The first line is absolutely delicious. How cute.. I think hummingbirds are so... well, I guess I can't think of the word... they're just small and cute and bouncy and eccentric and amusing. (Is there a word for all that? :P) And, well, I liked it. (I'm dearly sorry if this review is a drag; I'm not very a very articulate person when it comes to writing reviews..) Well, I did enjoy it. Keep writing!

-marie
Thorn's-girl chapter 2 . 8/8/2005
"In deliberate oozing contemplation

Of the next slurred step" Hehe, this is awesome. I almost like it better than the first, and there is humor. excellently done.
Thorn's-girl chapter 1 . 8/8/2005
I love the line "eccentric innocent indifference." I occasionally catch a glimpse of hummingbirds - one of the advantages of parent who garden - and you captured the essence of one perfectly.
Archipelago chapter 2 . 7/24/2005
Oh, both poems are lovely. I kinda like the second one a bit more but the first is so amusing with the hummingbee er bird thing. I like them both bunches, so fanciful. The last stanza of part 1 is my fav. and the hummingbee er bird monkey part. I keep wanting to type hummingbee...
in theory chapter 1 . 7/23/2005
Ooh, how whimsical. I love how you write, your style is flawless and your choice of words is interesting. Enchanting topic too. *appluads*
Melanie Layugan chapter 1 . 7/23/2005
Love it."But almost, as one would not normally linkHummingbirds to monkeys, would they?"It fits the title, made me laugh, rain is a beautiful thing.