Reviews for I Hope You Dance
meagicano chapter 2 . 7/29/2005
Great story so far! It's funny because I'm signing up to take beginner's highland dancing next year (at the ripe ol' age of 21)- not the same, but still traditional and definitely not the most popular.
Envierose chapter 2 . 7/29/2005
Loving this story so far! I'm not a dancer myself, but there's a girl in my year who's an incredible Irish dancer... And I just LOVE the music, and the whole way each of the dances look. I don't know all the fancy terms, although some of them sound familiar, but I just love it. Lol. Update!
sharp-tounged chapter 1 . 7/28/2005
aw. this is swet!
Little Mermaid chapter 1 . 7/27/2005
hm INTERESTINGG...yeah wow i would think they're more than friends or something too but still ADORABLE

update asap im LOVINGG THIS ONE
Ms Urania chapter 1 . 7/26/2005
'An atypical dance story?'-I love that! If I wasn't a fan, I'd have to be with a tagline like that. Great start and I really like Jamie. The way you're writing her reaction to her mother's death seems very well-done; considering how recently it was and everything is changing in her life she understandably seems sort of dazed. Dave is a great friend and I'm glad he'll be playing a continued role in the story. The Abby inclusion added some humour, the little detail of how she put away the trophies was a great away of giving insight into her character before Jamie had explained their relationship. I could understand Jamie's fustration-we all have an Abby that we're forced into tolerating!

I'm glad that this is based around a different kind of dancing. I know a bit about Irish dancing as tons of my friends did it at school, so this is really interesting. Very good so far and I'm looking forward to the next chapter.
The Dreaded Rainbow Man chapter 1 . 7/26/2005
Right nice beginning you've got here! Hits a little close to home, although that's hardly your fault. I feel compelled to tell you all about it, but I think it's quite inappropriate and not at all interesting to you. So I will instead inform you of our shared interest in Irish dancing! I myself have taken a good amount of lessons (5 yrs? Maybe . . .), though I'm to heavy and uncoordinated to be any good. And that's not modesty. I swear up and down. Not that it does any good. Oh well. I think I'll do us both a favor and cut short by saying: the plural of 'feis' is 'feiseanna', and I know you knew that somewhere. Just thought you might want to change it. 'Feises' looks a bit like 'feces', and I know that's not what you meant. ;)

TDRM

P.S. And maybe you could add a little pronounciation guide for those unfamiliar with the underground world that is Irish dance? Just for those little terms that crop up, such as 'feis'.

P.P.S. I very much enjoyed Aelyn's Story, and am quite sorry about the lack of reviews. I'll get around to it someday . . . .
Kierce chapter 1 . 7/25/2005
Nice blisters! I hated those...they always had a gritty feeling to it...especially when they'd start to bleed. Great start!
JT FAN chapter 1 . 7/24/2005
i like it so up the good work and please update soon.i cant wait to read the next chap.
devil's-fav-angel chapter 1 . 7/24/2005
wow great start. update soon but try to do a sequel to Aelyn's story
goldring chapter 1 . 7/24/2005
Well well, yet another good story-start! I think I'm gonna like this one, coz I myself dance. (not irish, but hip hop and jazz, and previously ballet etc.) Have you seen Save the Last Dance? It's my all-time favorite movie, and a lot like this story ISN"T...girl's mom dies, she gives up dancing, meets guy, said guy convinces her to continue...etc. Lots of good dancing accompanies the cliched storyline, and if you haven't seen it, I order you to go out and rent it right away. as in NOW! (well...after you update.. ;-D) Keep writing!
250 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 14 15 16 17