Reviews for Velvet and Silk
Angels-In-My-Heart chapter 1 . 11/1/2007
This is so romantic I love it your work is for romanticism what mine is for realism It's totally beautiful
Gabrielle Addison chapter 1 . 9/11/2006
That is so cool! I like how descriptive it was! Nice job!

- Benchwarmer
ritalin chapter 1 . 1/4/2006
I love the way you extended the metaphor throughout the entire poem, keeping the themes of velvet and silk intact. It made this poem something truly amazing and unique. The repetition of the first and penultimate lines of each stanza brought each one to a nice closure before unveiling the meaning of each description. Luscious poem. (:
Thoughtless-blazer chapter 1 . 9/25/2005
Hm, I like this one, it's got bright words. But in some what, reminds me of a world of vampires. They breathe in the red velvet of the blood their victims hold, but they also drink it.
La Velvetine chapter 1 . 9/11/2005
Love the sensory experience I get with this. And I am listening to the perfect music for this poem ... this seductive opera. I like, nice.
Joel Schwan chapter 1 . 8/9/2005
I love this piece in that you relate each of the four elements to velvet - the most sensual of fabrics. :) I found it quite soothing and luxurious to read. Keep up the writing.
Madwam Buttewfwah chapter 1 . 7/29/2005
Bonjour!

Your use of imagery and the division of words makes this poem quite striking and memorable. Hurray!
les petits bateaux chapter 1 . 7/29/2005
I particularly dote on the links between each paragraph about the elements and the feelings. Don't you just love the silky feeling of velvet? :)

Trinity
Niricko chapter 1 . 7/28/2005
Dthat's an awsome way to pereceive the elements! I love it!
myheartiswaypastbeating chapter 1 . 7/27/2005
I love nature poems, this one is pretty awesome, I love the soft and calm feeling. Well done. caliorbust
shimmer115 chapter 1 . 7/27/2005
Wow this was nice. That elements were a nice added touch.
Nobody-n-Particular chapter 1 . 7/27/2005
Very elegant, I love the textures.
Auroter chapter 1 . 7/27/2005
The elements as colored velvet. Not THERE'S some imagery that I love. What's so great about it is that you're not only appealing to the visual senses, but also tot he feeling of touch, making the idea of a walk in the park all the more tactile. Very nice. My favorite yet.
biology geek chapter 1 . 7/27/2005
This was really nice. I especially liked the first set.