Reviews for The Seal of Prayers
NopeNopeNope14 chapter 14 . 7/16/2009
Woot! Adore the sexual humor! Fantasy gets far too dry these days.
NopeNopeNope14 chapter 12 . 7/16/2009
You write fight scenes like a pro!
NopeNopeNope14 chapter 10 . 7/16/2009
I haven't finished yet, but I felt the absolute need to review. Aside from some slight over heaping of awesomeness onto Caitlin, I find this tale to be of novel quality and I suggest you take this to a publisher. The cultural depth is very pleasing and who doesn't love a good build up? Plus little is predictable and it deviates from the usual overdone plots. That is, aside from Caitlin's character. I'm a little tired of stories about people who's lives seem shitty and mundane, but then suddenly it's epic and adventuresome. But you have put a spin on it, sort of. I feel like too much revolves around her, but I have not read all of what you have out so my opinion might change.
Solar Flares and Technicolor chapter 10 . 7/6/2009
So I'm not quite sure what to think of Marcus just yet... I suppose I'll have my mind made up in a couple of chapters.

I hope Maleran isn't gone for good! I love the dynamic between her and Caitlin.

I really want to find out more about Caitlin's powers, but I like that you're keeping her previous life a mystery. On to the next chapter!
Solar Flares and Technicolor chapter 6 . 7/5/2009
I'm so glad Traven came back! I like his devotion to Caitlin, I'm glad we got to see that her "death" tore him up inside.

I think your developing the characters well, especially with whatever is going on inside Caitlin's head, with the seal and all. On to the next chapter!
FerretsRevolution chapter 14 . 7/4/2009
This story is brilliant! Everything- from the characters, to the setting, to the plot- is so well-developed. It's interesting, well-written, and just freaking BRILLIANT!

I have to say I wasn't in love with Caitlin's character at the beginning of the story. She seemed weak-willed and pushover-ish. She had a good reason (Princess Lavender is one hell of a girl) but I could name at least half-a-dozen characters I liked better than her. At one point, I liked Princess Lavender better than I liked Caitlin. -_-" However, once the elemental was in her, she discovered the seal, found out she was an incarnation, etc- she grew some oves (ovaries) and I started liking her a whole lot more. Now that she's actually come into her power, she kicking major ass and I like her even more. I like strong, badass main characters- and somewhere in the back of my mind, I'm hoping Cait is The Slayer's incarnation.

That's another thing that bothers me. I've never been much of a mystery person (though I do recognize it is necessary part of almost all stories) and the fact that I can't figure out on my own who/what Cait's incarnation is is killing me (KILLING ME!)

I can't say I like Marcus all too much. He has such a Prince Charming complex. Of course, he's charming in his own right, but he's SUCH a player (though he claims to be chivalrous, etc- which, somehow he manages to be)...I don't think you intended to make him a particularly complex character- but he's coming off as that (to me anyway lol) and I really can't analyze him right now. It's too difficult D

My favorite character in the story right now has to be Maleran. I love that girl! The whole thing about her seeking revenge on her father and the little bit about keeping him frozen (?) as a momento...brilliant! That's when she officially became my favorite character. I thought she was pretty kick-ass, knocking down Illiandra like that, but she got even better. And though her plan was really well...stupid, somehow it ended up working.

Traven...Traven, Traven, Traven. He's another complex character. I really don't know what to make of him :/ He's not in the story much and I really can't gauge his character. He hasn't appeared in the story enough times for me to decided whether I like him or not. He seems pretty cool though- even though he also seems to have that Prince Charming complex. Saving Illiandra was a noble thing to do I suppose- though the whole saving-the-damsel-in-distress thing kind of sickened me a little.

Now for the Ashfolk. Truthfully, I really like the Ashfolk. Sure they're evil, etc, etc...but Prince Asra is hot and powerful and well...he doesn't really appear as evil as say...Ephemera. She's evil, but I can't say I hate her. There's still some small bit of humanity still left in her and I think maybe in later chapters, it might show a little more. Or maybe not. My predictions usually tend to be way off...

I really like this story and I hope you update soon! I'm really worried though because you published this story in 05 and it's now 09...You last updated it just a couple of days ago but your updating schedule worries me...I might be into the story right now but by the time you update, I might have completely forgotten what the story is about. Honestly, you published the story four years ago and it's only on chapter fourteen. I'm not a great updater either, but this is ridiculous...I might have seen something about this being a rewrite though...I'm kind of hoping that's what this is and that your updating schedule is more regular and closer timed :/

Anyway (lol), please update soon! Your chapters are long (which I love) so take your time...but you know, not too much time. Hehe. Yeah.

Kemi )
Solar Flares and Technicolor chapter 4 . 7/2/2009
I love Malearn's character! And I like the twist you put on her heritage, very original.
Solar Flares and Technicolor chapter 1 . 7/1/2009
I really like this. I like how you've developed the culture of the Azurrians, and Caitlin seems like a very real character. This story is unique to anything I've read on here before.

Now I shall continue on.
THE BNZ chapter 1 . 12/7/2008
I like the Azurian culture! It's very original, with the seals and all that.

I shall read more!
ValerieYoung chapter 7 . 9/25/2008
i juss started reading 2day n got up 2 here. um... i finish da rest 2morroe but i luv it so far. good luck on da rest of ur story!
For What Its Worth chapter 14 . 4/2/2006
this i sa really good story, but, while they are not as frequent as in TWD, i really must call you on the exclamation marks.
Tides of war chapter 14 . 3/22/2006
Good story, but I find your use of exclamation marks to be a bit much. It gives a nice punch though. that was the only thing I could really find out of place. Hope this helps in any way possible.
Lynnryo chapter 14 . 3/22/2006
It cut off one of my reveiws ;.; Oh well.. It was supposed to have read 'Marcus is a man after my own heart. Haha. A bit of a bad pun on my boyfriends account.' I really like this story too
Lynnryo chapter 12 . 3/22/2006
I like the name Torren, it really does suit him. I love they way you have with getting names right for your characters. *sigh* If only I had that power...
Lynnryo chapter 6 . 3/22/2006
Marcus is a man after my own heart
106 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »