Reviews for The St James Sisters
Aria657 chapter 42 . 4/26/2011
I loved it, but when I checked your profile page, you haven't updated the sequel recently. So, I'm not quite sure I want to read it, because then I will be wishing and wanting for something that might never be completed, and this is already completed and has a lovely ending. Do you know any other really good historical fictions on fictionpress? I read this one and really liked it, now I want to read some more. Any suggestions?
A Catholic Girl chapter 42 . 5/4/2009
Another wonderful story! I love happy endings!
Minty chapter 42 . 12/22/2008
I love your stories to death..
Wallflower chapter 42 . 9/14/2008
This was absolutely an entrancing read! It was quite long, and always enjoyable.

I enjoyed the latter part more (probably because my favorite sister Emy got more of a story!) but all of it was well done. I love the epilogue, and it was very well written to cap off this story.

However, I did feel like the ending was a bit rushed, but that's understandable considering that you had to fill in five different stories in here. Also, character development could be worked upon, but once again, that requires a lot of writing focused on just one character, and not in a story where there are five vying for attention!

The story reminded me quite a bit of Little Women. Sara as Jo, the writer; Mary as Meg the beautiful; Emy as Beth (although thankfully, she lives). I thorougly enjoyed it like I enjoyed LW, and I the characters are all over compelling.

Great Work!

PS A sequel will be nice, but first I'm going to go through your other works!
Kaybookworm chapter 1 . 5/3/2008
Hi! its me again. Sorry if I'm bothering you but I,m new at this and giving you a reveiw is the only way I know how to put your story on my favorites. But I really do love this story and all that you have written in it. See Ya!
Joseph Mises chapter 42 . 2/22/2008
Hey, haven't spoken to you in awhile, but I haven't forgotten you either.

Your persistency is writing is astounding.

:-]

Congrats. this was a great story.
EpiphanyDay chapter 1 . 8/23/2007
This story is really good-it kept enthralled for days! I thought the way you handled the romances were really sweet and you did a good job in keeping each of the sisters' stories going. Really enjoyed it-I love historical romances!
SMiDGETx3 chapter 42 . 6/14/2007
Wow, just wow.

This was beautifully written, with colorful imagery and well-developed characters that made me finish the story in one sitting because I was aching to know what came next.

This was such a feel-good story, and very Little Women-esque when depicting the individuality of each sister, their closeness with each other, and their challenges for love.

Bravo!
ANGEL992210 chapter 42 . 3/9/2007
EXCELLENT PIECE OF WORK.
Gia Parker chapter 42 . 1/11/2007
really enjoyed it - read it in one sitting!
eve-maiden chapter 42 . 8/25/2006
so i've just read thru the whole thing and i absolutley love it! its so real and i'm sort of glad that you made nathanials death real and didnt sugar coat it and say he lived forever because that just isnt belivale... i really loved the whole thing you did a great job congrats! just wondering if you're going to publish it? it would sell! i'd buy a copy thats for sure :) well just wanted to say congrats and keep up the good work on future stories!

eve maiden
Em Crosthwaite chapter 42 . 7/18/2006
This epilogue was a nice touch. I can understand why it's so long, because you had to put all of the sisters' stories in, but it was great. I looked at the idea for the sequel/spin-off to this story, and it does look interesting. I'm sorry that Nathaniel passed away, but I suppose he had too. Have you ever considering publishing this stories, because you do have a great collection.
Skeeter the Groundhog chapter 42 . 7/15/2006
yay! congradulations on finishing this! i'm glad you told what happened to everyone. i can't wait until the sequel!
Skeeter the Groundhog chapter 41 . 7/15/2006
yay! oh wow, that was great, i was shaking myself! i'm so glad charlie changed his mind. they really do love each other and charlie's right, that if roy would have seen them so happy together... well, if they're happy together nothing can be really that bad.
Skeeter the Groundhog chapter 40 . 7/15/2006
yay! the sailors return! your description of chrismas was beautiful. there's nothing like family, presents, pine and it always smells like cookies regardless that there haven't been any in the oven for a few days. yum.
238 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »