Reviews for The St James Sisters
Em Crosthwaite chapter 12 . 8/27/2005
So I can definitely tell after two weeks that Junior year will be tough. Along with three AP classes, I am also the co-editor of our school paper. (yay!). I enjoyed this chapter. My favorite couples are Charlie/Sara and Gail/Nathaniel. I found another error, (wow maybe I should be a proofreader instead of a writer), “I tried to help,” Gail said, “But I didn’t know what you wanted me to do and you kept telling me I was fine.” I think the last part was meant to be 'you were fine. Anyway wonderful chapter as always. P.S. when will you update Jude and Josie? Writer's block?
Trinity of Dreams chapter 12 . 8/27/2005
I love your story. I saw the Sara and charlie thing coming, u threw out hints like nobody's business, so I cool with the idea if my opinion makes any diff.
Em Crosthwaite chapter 11 . 8/23/2005
It's a little strange to have Sara and Charlie together, if that will happen, but somehow it still fits. Sorry I haven't been able to review as quickly. Junior year of high school, and ALOT of homework. the letters from her father to Charlie were nice, and an interesting look into the past. I hope there will be more with Nathaniel and Gail.
Em Crosthwaite chapter 10 . 8/23/2005
Emy can't be in love with Ethan can she? She used to dream that perhaps one day they’d fall in love, get married, and have children, but that dream had long since fled from her mind. He could never love her.

No matter what anybody said she knew what the truth was. She knew that if he were to ever marry a girl by the name of St. James, it would be her sister. Never her. Never Emy.

That just makes it seem like she could be in love with Ethan. that would be funny. I also think you made a mistake. When Sara is talking to Charlie, she says the Emy likes firm ground "beneath her face", I think you meant to put "feet" there.

Mary doesn't love Ethan? How sad. I hope she changes her mind, but then again, maybe they weren't meant for each other.
jessyxyz chapter 11 . 8/23/2005
Wow-very emotional. Around what time period is this taking place? I'm just wondering because you talk about photographs with color... Wonderful chapter! Update soon! ~Jessica
R.M.Whitaker chapter 11 . 8/23/2005
Whoa! Sara and Charlie? Ooh la la! lol! Yes, I'm surprised, even though I know I shouldn't be. It was coming. It's kinda gross, because he's so much older than her, but somehow you make it so cute and right! Only you, Renee. Only you. lol

I found this a very sweet chapter. The letters and photographs were so touching. I love things that have to do with the past and memories!

Yes, I simply love Gail and Nathaniel! At the moment I think they're my favorite, though I do kinda like this Sara/Charlie idea.

I know, I'm glad she found a better guy too! And I totally agree with you on that whole marriage thing. I think one way I'll know if he's the right guy or not is if he and I never seem to run out of things to talk about. A guy who can make good conversation with me seems like a dream come true, because there's almost no one that I can talk to for very long and still think of things to say. But yeah, that's gonna be a hard decision to make. It makes me squerm whenever I think of those girls that meet a guy and get engaged after two weeks. Mormons are known to do that. It's all because the guys just come home from their missions, so they're in this "must do what the mission president says" mode and one thing their mission president tells them to do before he sends them home (which my mom purly disagrees with because the missionaries take it the wrong way) is to get married and not procrastinate in doing so. What he means is to not just be a bum when they get home, but to actualy do something with your life and try to find the woman you're meant to be with. So these 22 year old guys go to BYU and marry the first girl who will have them (not all of them do this, mind you, but a great percentage do). So then you have these girls at college, from ages 18-25, who see everyone around them getting engaged by the day and they don't want to be old before they get married and they're all afraid that it'll never happen, so they say yes to the first guy who asks them. I find it so sad! I mean, how are you supposed to actually know someone after a week! You can't! You don't know what they're like when they get mad! You don't know if they have a bad temper! But yeah, Kathrin (my friend) got all caught up in the whole BYU atmosphere and almost married a total jerk. That's why I'm determined to know my guy for at LEAST a year and a half before I marry him.
euphorictragedy chapter 11 . 8/22/2005
I figured something like this would happen, but it's gross. He could be her father! Bleh! Maybe it didn't seem like a horrible thing back then, but still. It's weird.
Steph chapter 10 . 8/22/2005
Emy is in love. Aww well I was happy to see that you updated twice in one or two days. Very nice. I totally understand about schoolbut dont forget your lovely stories. Im hooked. Will Marys next move be calling off the engagement when they arrive? I still like Emy although all the characters are quite complex and some what differant. Good luck on your first day of school.
R.M.Whitaker chapter 10 . 8/22/2005
Sorry I wasn't able to read anything from you while I was in Utah. The only time I ever had the chance to get on the computer was and my grandparents' house when we first arrived and they have Dial-up internet, so it takes about a million years just to get into my Inbox. When we got to Reana's place I found out that the only computer I'd be able to use was one of the library computers on BYU campus, and it's about a 20-minute, up-hill walk from Reana's place to there. Even then, I wasn't quite sure how to use those computers.

But now I can read your things all I want! And I must say, Mary's realization was bound to come sooner or later. A friend of mine nearly got married last September to a man she'd convinced herself she was in love with. Now she admits that she mostly said yes because she was in love with the idea of getting married and she was afraid that no one else would ever ask her. Now, as it turns out, she's almost engaged to a much better man who she really does love.
R.M.Whitaker chapter 8 . 8/22/2005
Ha ha! Actually, it was Reana and Rachel I was with. I was staying with Reana, but Rachel flew in on Friday so I was with her too. It was very fun.

Ah ha! I've always had a suspision (gah! I can't spell! Been out of school too long! Not that I mind) that Sawyer would fall for Nora. And hey, if Emy does indeed like Ben, I wouldn't be all that surprised about that either.
R.M.Whitaker chapter 7 . 8/22/2005
I'm home! And not at all displeased with you, I might add. Six chapters and an e-mail! Hot dog!

You know what, I believe that Nathaniel and Gail were just made for each other! I loved this chapter! Ok, so I love just about every chapter that you write, but still...

Ok, on to the next chapter!
Em Crosthwaite chapter 9 . 8/20/2005
In the review for the last chapter, I meant that Emy and Nora would be competing over Ben. Poor Nathaniel, but he doesn't have to get so angry, Gail honestly forgot. I watched Roman Holiday with Audrey Hepburn for the first time last night. It's a wondeful movie, but the ending is a bit disappointing.
Em Crosthwaite chapter 8 . 8/17/2005
So I really liked this chapter, I think Sawyer likes Nora, he seemed a little lovestruck when she kissed his cheek. And the sisters would be competing for the same man, or is Nora completely over Ben? I don't think she is. I'm glad that Gail and Nathaniel will be back in the next chapter, I think they're my favorite. There's just something wonderful about the cocky boy and the good girl. I always fall for the cocky ones myself. Love/hate relationships are wonderful in stories, but I can say from personal experience, that they don't work in real life. :(
bob chapter 8 . 8/17/2005
i was reading your comments to other reviewers (yeah, i know: sad, but i have jack-all to do! i'm dying of boredom!), and i saw the bit about period language- 'yeah' is VERY modern phrase, its not even in most dictionaries. try not to use it.
Steph chapter 7 . 8/15/2005
I like Nathans stubborn-ness. I think that sooner or later he'll warm up to Gail. As for Mary...she seems to be enjoying herself quite a bit. I still like Emy although Nora is quite funny. I wonder if he;ll ever talk to her? She'll probably die when he does lol. Update soon.
238 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 .. Last Next »