Reviews for Little Whore's Divine Justice
Jenny Rebel chapter 1 . 8/20/2006
the last line did me in. this is one for the ages
felicia13 chapter 1 . 3/18/2006
Hello! This is a very interesting poem. I'm not a very religous person, but the title grabbed my attention. I like the style you wrote it in, but I'm confused. If I was more religous, I would probably know, but I'm not, so I'm confused. A good poem, and please, keep writing!

Thanks for your review!

all my love,felicia
Jesse the Storyteller chapter 1 . 11/26/2005
Hmm.. It's 3 am and my mind is sluggish, too lazy to comprehend the meaning of this poem. But the parts I did understand were good. I like it.
poet tree chapter 1 . 11/6/2005
Amazing. Almost Shakespearian in phrasing, although quite a different subject manner. Excellent job!
LemonFlats chapter 1 . 8/13/2005
Whew... That flew right over my head.

I'm ashamed to say that although I'm heading into my confirmation year, I have never heard this story before. I'll certainly be paying more attention from now on ) , though they probably wouldn't teach this, would they? Ah, well.
Gagging Angel chapter 1 . 8/1/2005
Bravo, my dear! I do so love the story of the Midianites; one of the best at revealing the cruel nature of God so often overlooked by Christians.

I wonder though, why you mentioned Christ in what is clearly an Old Testament poem? Knowing you, it probably has to do with the perceived notion of a kind Jesus in comparison to the old God. At least that makes sense, considering that the following line is "But it is not to him I worship, is it?" Stop trying to stuff so much symbolism into your poetry! I look over it, and realize that I understand it for the most part, but in general it will be lost on people unfamiliar with your train of thought.

Did you notice that you happened to rhyme every line in the last stanza?
TruConfessions chapter 1 . 7/31/2005
Wow! And you complimented my poetry?

The diction and imagery in this are fantastic and work well together to create the believable emotions of the Midianite woman. This poem is an excellent revelation of parts of the Bible that cause questioning of the Lord and Moses's actions. As a Christian, I find it necessary to know about the not so . . .pretty parts of the Bible. Parts that do not shed the most marvelous light upon significant Biblical characters. This is a sensitive poem about a darker and much overlooked event in Numbers. The perspective of a Midianite virgin taken as "spoils" by Moses's army needs to be told. It is an action that appalls me.

The rhyming flowed nicecly. But, to be honest, while I usually focus upon the flow of rhyming poems, I became distracted by the overall tale of the Midianite woman, something that has never happened before. Thats a very good thing!

Wonderful poem!God Bless!See, I keep my promise to return the favor of reviewing, and I am very pleased I did. (Grins)**Whitney AKA tru
Nobody-n-Particular chapter 1 . 7/31/2005
Splendid, some parts seem slightly forced in rhyme but the message overrides that so it is still thoroughly enjoyable.
Luthiena o Lorien chapter 1 . 7/31/2005
Seeing as I am a Christian, I could only look at this as a poem- and just that. I liked it poem-wise. It was good.
Stylo chapter 1 . 7/31/2005
descriptive and graphic...I love it. Of course, the people in my ultra-Christian school would belive you're the Anti-Christ come to life - but they'd be wrong. hehehe. Guess who is?Seriously. My fave bit was the ending."cruel fiend. I can speak no more than thisAnd weep for all innocence lost bliss:You thought it justice...I call it cowardice"The abrupt ending really puts the pont across. Keep it cming...)Bhamini