Reviews for Ode to Summer
no.peace.los.angeles chapter 1 . 10/17/2006
Oh, what a nice piece. I like some of the wonderful details you've put in here, like "emerald waves twisting with foam," and "pack a picnic, lemon squares." The rhyme works because it forces you to keep reading and it keeps the rhythm well, and this poem works as almost a sort of chant, like, I have to do this, I'm not going to look back. Nice job. Keep writing! :)
bright horizon splash chapter 1 . 6/12/2006
the rhyming is perfect, and the poem is sultry sweet. ' spin the bottle, truth or dare. ' what an adventure. you're awesome. *
ode to a firefly chapter 1 . 6/12/2006
Makes me want to cry. Last summer was the best and worst summer of my life. Amazing poem, and great job with the rhyming. Not many people can write rhyming poetry anymore.

Christine
drippingdreams chapter 1 . 5/14/2006
Lemon squares are delicious.
Unready chapter 1 . 8/5/2005
nice rhymes, nice poem. you have my sympathy.
Night-Sorceress chapter 1 . 8/3/2005
Glad to be back... oh this is sweet. I forgot you guys start school early. Anyways this is a very good read makes me feel like I'm really there. You must forgive my lack of commentary but I'm a bit scattered brain right now and tired also. But I'm just so glad to be back to have a nice surprise waiting in my inbox lol.

N.S
Akip chapter 1 . 8/3/2005
I really like this poem and feel the same way. I don't want summer to end. One thing though I have to point out it the 4th to last line which reads "Too early it's over, the summer has past". Maybe it's just me reading it wrong, but shouldn't the last word of that phrase be "passed"? Other than that, keep writing!
xoxkissxofxdeathxox chapter 1 . 8/3/2005
Normally poems with this rhyming pattern don't turn out very well, but you definitely pulled it off! I really like this one!

XOXkissXofXdeathXOX